OverviewRed River Mutual Loss Prevention Specialist Full Time in Altona, MB
Red River Mutual
Branch Altona MB CA
Loss Prevention Specialist
Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills. Effectively communicate and work with policyholders, while providing exceptional customer service….
The Loss Prevention Specialist is responsible for conducting and documenting residential and commercial property inspections with policyholders to determine risk, and provide loss prevention recommendations, to reduce the frequency and severity of loss arising from fire, water, crime and liability.
Red River Mutual is a progressive property and casualty insurer with our Head Office based in Altona, Manitoba and a Winnipeg Regional Office. We provide insurance to residential, agro and commercial customers through a network of brokers in Manitoba and Saskatchewan. At Red River Mutual, we believe that employees deliver their best results in an atmosphere of support and respect. We strive to maintain a culture that makes working at Red River Mutual enjoyable and rewarding.
- Ability to work independently
- Self-motivated & self-directed
- Exceptional planning, organization and prioritization skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to travel to policyholder locations throughout Manitoba and Saskatchewan
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- Proficient computer use and software skills including the Microsoft Office program suite
- Schedule appointments with policyholders to conduct safety evaluations and liability inspections on a wide range of properties
- Notation of construction, risk management and loss control points
- Complete reporting in a timely and accurate manner
- Provide digital photographs, measurements and diagram structures
- Identify hazards, risk exposure, maintenance opportunities and loss prevention improvements
- Calculate replacement costs
- Effectively communicate and work with policyholders, while providing exceptional customer service
- Provide consistent application of building and fire codes
- Support and guidance to underwriters, brokers, and policy holders on technical loss prevention strategies
- Participation in industry loss prevention association events and continuing education, to further technical expertise and stay on top of trends
- Minimum of 5 years analyzing risk and conduction inspections
- Valid class 5 driver’s license
- General insurance knowledge, including working towards or completed a CIP designation or equivalent education an asset.
- Experience with building construction and interpretation of building and fire code
- Experience with building appraisals, risk assessment, loss prevention and coverage
Red River Mutual offers a competitive salary and benefits package. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Interested candidates should apply online at: https://www.redrivermutual.com/careers/current-opportunities/
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Altona, MB, CA
Posted on: 2017-02-07