OverviewRed Deer College Athletic Director Full Time in Red Deer, AB
Red Deer College
Branch Red Deer AB CA
Red Deer, AB
Minimum 5 years’ experience in fund development and fundraising experience. SUBJECT TO BUDGET APPROVAL….
SUBJECT TO BUDGET APPROVAL
Red Deer College (RDC) is home to a nationally recognized, exceptional athletic program that fosters academic success, leadership development, community service and where excellence is viewed as a verb. Housed in the School of Health Sciences, RDC Athletics participates in the ACAC and is home to about 200 student athletes in addition to the coaching and administrative staff.
RDC has recently restructured its Athletic Department and is seeking a full-time Athletic Director who has a strong focus on academic values, a commitment to ensuring a positive student athlete environment, a drive towards competitive success and an exceptional ability to lead, mentor and develop exceptional relationships within a team-oriented environment. The Athletic Director plays a key role in the continued development of the Athletic Program to meet an exceptional standard of excellence and will work with our Community Relations department on athletics related development efforts.
The successful candidate will also possess proven administrative, supervisory and interpersonal skills, knowledge of post-secondary athletics programming, fiscal management and strong public relations and media experience.
Major areas of responsibility include:
- Staff management and development
- Finance and budget management
- Internal & External Liaison for the Athletics program
- Student-Athlete responsibilities
- Program Administration
- Media and Public Relations
For further information on this position, contact:
Linda Moore Martin, Dean
School of Health Sciences
Red Deer College
Phone: (403) 342-3270
Email: [email protected]
- Four (4) year undergraduate degree in Sports Administration, Kinesiology or similar field is required.
- Graduate degree in an applicable field such as Physical Education, Recreation or Business Administration would be strongly desired.
- 5-7 years of progressive experience working in a sport environment.
- 5-7 years of progressively responsible leadership experience including direct supervision of staff (recruitment and selection, and performance coaching).
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in fund development and fundraising experience.
- Minimum 5 years’ Budget management experience.
- Demonstrable understanding of elite sport and experience in Sport Administration having experience at a Post-Secondary level would be asset.
- Strong interpersonal skills, emotional intelligence.
- Understanding of athlete recruitment in a competitive Post-Secondary environment.
- Experience with effective program promotion (promoting athletic excellence to the community).
- Demonstrable success in media relations and experience with working with press
- Minimum 5 years previous coaching experience an asset.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Red Deer, AB, CA
Posted on: 2015-05-23