OverviewRed Cross Program Development Officer Contract in Mississauga, ON
Branch Mississauga ON CA
Program Development Officer
Knowledge of computer software for the development of project plans, presentations, documents and records management….
Temp Full-time: 2 years contract
35 hours per week
The Canadian Red Cross Society, a non-profit, humanitarian organization dedicated to helping Canadians, as well as the most vulnerable throughout the world, is currently seeking a Program Development Officer.
The Officer, Program Development, will lead an environmental scan and the development of a viable business model for a scalable community based Vulnerable Persons Registry (VPR) in collaboration with key partners and stakeholders. The position will also review partnership agreements and provide recommendations as to future engagement.
- Develop, in collaboration with key internal and external stakeholders, a viable business model for a scalable community based VPR model
- Define, develop and support implementation of VPR procedures that cross both the Community Health and Wellness and the Disaster Management programs
- Define, develop and support implementation, in collaboration with external and internal program stakeholders, health and disaster response data management processes for use in disaster response
- Determine how to integrate and leverage interRAI Community Health Assessment data to inform operational implementation of the VPR model
- Evaluate emerging technologies for suitability and competitive advantage
- Define, develop and support implementation, in collaboration with external and internal program stakeholders, a GIS mapping process for aggregate health vulnerability indicator data to be utilized by the DM program in response
- Lead the VPR project advisory committee and provide recommendations to Director
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with key internal and external partners including community stakeholders to pilot the scalable model
- Manage relationships with external stakeholders according to the terms of MOUs
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with all funders
- Develop and implement project plans and required resource analysis
- Develop and manage a budget to support project objectives
- Develop and apply monitoring and reporting tools on project objectives
- Manage project reporting requirements with internal stakeholders
- Identify project risk management issues and make mitigation recommendations to the Director
- Engage and supervise project personnel including volunteers in the project scope
- Serve as project manager for assigned projects (for example, VPR)
- Prepare recommendations on strategic partnership opportunities to the Director
- Prepare briefing notes for the Director on operational capacity development requirements
- Research best practices in the areas of information management and response protocols
- Contributes to a healthy and safe working environment
- Performs other duties, as required
The minimum qualifications for this job are a Bachelor’s degree in a related area of study and 3 to 5 years of job-related work experience in disaster management, information management or project management or an equivalent combination of education and experience in a related field.
- Self-learner and self-starter; can work with minimal guidance within assigned responsibilities
- Demonstrated ability to read, analyse, interpret and synthesize large amounts of new information/data to produce reports, proposals, and options as well as to develop operational procedures
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects using project management principles
- Interpersonal skills and sensitivity to interact effectively and build on-going relationships with diverse groups of volunteers, staff, and external partners
- Demonstrated ability to develop and sustain stakeholder relationships
- Oral communication skills to deliver presentations to senior decision makers, and diverse groups and stakeholders/partners
- Superior written communication skills to create a variety of documents, including briefing notes, plans, procedures, executive-level correspondence, reports and proposals
- Demonstrated ability to conduct research and analysis in support of executive decision-making.
- Knowledge of volunteer resource management principles and practice
- Knowledge of computer software for the development of project plans, presentations, documents and records management
- Knowledge of current emergency management theories, practices research, issues and trends, and relevant legislation and regulations is an asset
This position requires a satisfactory Canadian criminal record reference check.
Duties are principally conducted at a Canadian Red Cross office; however travel to other regions in Ontario is anticipated.
The job may require working non-traditional hours. The majority of the work is performed in an environment which is mostly clean and comfortable; field assignments can involve working in environments that are unstable and with unpredictable access to basic services.
Interested parties may submit their resumes no later then
October 2 nd , 2015 to:
Email: [email protected]
While we appreciate all responses, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. We kindly ask not to send in duplicate copies of your resume.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
Employment Type: Freelance
Location: Mississauga, ON, CA
Posted on: 2015-09-23