OverviewRecreation, Parks & Culture Cashier in Red Deer, AB
The City of Red Deer
Branch Red Deer AB CA
Recreation, Parks & Culture Cashier
Red Deer, AB
as needed Ability to work in a team environment Completion of Introductory Accounting courses Knowledge of WORD and EXCEL software programs Ability to work…
This position ensures quality customer service, while promoting Recreation, Parks &Culture. Process approximately 460,000 transactions in the form of credit cards, cash and cheques for admissions, facility rentals, program registrations and inventory. Other duties include preparing and balancing daily cashier summary sheet and bank deposit and liaising with user groups and general public on department facilities and programs.
- Grade 12 graduate
- One year customer service experience that requires accurate and regular cash handling in a busy environment
- Previous experience with Class Leisure Service would be an asset
- Experience in operating a variety of office machines (computer terminal, network printer, adding machine, debit/credit card machine, etc.)
- Strong frontline communication skills, with the ability to deal with difficult customers as needed
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Completion of Introductory Accounting courses
- Knowledge of WORD and EXCEL software programs
- Ability to work independently and handle all tasks set out in the job description with a high degree of accuracy within prescribed deadlines.
- Ability to handle deadlines and to organize time so as to handle a high volume of work with frequent interruptions and conflicting priorities.
- Ability to work in a considerably noisy environment and to endure standing for long periods of time.
- Standard First Aid Course Must be successfully completed within 3 months of hiring
Affiliation: Canadian Union of Public Employees, Local 417
Hours of Work: 40 hours biweekly, as scheduled. Availability required for day, evening and weekend shifts.
RCR1 – Recreation Parks & Culture Cashier.pdf
Applications are being accepted until September 19, 2014
Employment Type: Part Time
Location: Red Deer, AB, CA
Posted on: 2014-09-13