OverviewRecreation Facilities Worker in Ladysmith, BC
Town of Ladysmith
Branch Ladysmith BC CA
Recreation Facilities Worker
is an asset; •A team player, highly collaborative and collegial; •Stamina, energy, and willingness to commit to quality pro-active results; •Ability to work…
Reporting to the Facilities Maintenance Supervisor, this position is responsible for taking various mechanical readings and reporting any unusual items. The tasks performed by the Recreation Facilities Worker I primarily involve custodial maintenance.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintains a high degree of cleanliness of Parks, Recreation and Culture Department facilities;
- Makes routine equipment checks and reports any problems to the Recreation Facilities Supervisor;
- Opens various Parks, Recreation and Culture facilities and prepares them for use by the public;
- Locks up Parks, Recreation and Culture facilities and ensures that they are safe and secure;
- Sets up and takes down equipment as required by user groups;
- Performs regular water tests and adjusts chemicals accordingly to meet Health Act and Parks, Recreation and Culture Department standards;
- Deposits the Parks, Recreation and Culture daily revenue at the bank; and
- Other duties as required.
REQUIRED SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES:
- Completion of Grade 10 or equivalent;
- Pool Operator I;
- Valid drivers licence;
- Ability to work with community groups, organizations and individuals utilizing Parks, Recreation and Culture facilities;
- Ability to work with custodial equipment including floor burnishers and mechanical floor scrubbers;
- Previous experience in custodial work is an asset;
- A team player, highly collaborative and collegial;
- Stamina, energy, and willingness to commit to quality pro-active results;
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and be self-motivated; and
- A personal commitment to service, ability to provide friendly, helpful, knowledgeable, and timely assistance.
Rate of Pay: $ 23.87 / hour
Hours of Work: No guarantee of hours; Parks, Recreation and Culture is a seven-day per week operation and requires employees to be available for work weekdays, evenings and weekends.
Union: Canadian Union of Public Employees ( C.U.P.E .) Local 401
Benefits: As per the Collective Agreement
This job posting will remain open until 4:00 PM July 21, 2014.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to:
Manager of Human Resources
Town of Ladysmith, City Hall
410 Esplanade, PO Box 220
Ladysmith, BC V9G 1A2
Employment Type: Part Time
Location: Ladysmith, BC, CA
Posted on: 2014-07-13