OverviewREAL ESTATE COUNCIL OF ALBERTA Professional Conduct Review Officer (Investigator) Full Time in Calgary, AB
REAL ESTATE COUNCIL OF ALBERTA
Branch Calgary AB CA
Professional Conduct Review Officer (Investigator)
Familiarity with the real estate appraisal, real estate or mortgage brokerage industries. Do you have experience in the real estate industry?…
Do you have experience in the real estate industry? Do you want to help build the industry’s reputation and protect the public? Or maybe you are an experienced investigator looking for a new challenge. If so, this may be the right opportunity for you.
RECA is looking for a Professional Conduct Review Officer (investigator) to join our team. This position conducts courteous and timely practice reviews on the conduct of industry professionals and allegations of unlicensed activity by non-industry members, and promotes compliance with real estate legislation.
This permanent, full-time employment opportunity offers an annual starting salary of $60,000 – $68,000 with a comprehensive benefits package including health and dental coverage, 3 weeks’ vacation, a health care spending account and employer matching RRSP plan.
As a Professional Conduct Review Officer you will:
- investigate, on behalf of the Executive Director, possible breaches of the Real Estate Act by objectively gathering all relevant facts and safeguarding evidence
- prepare complete and objective investigation reports for the Executive Director and analysis reports for conduct proceeding legal counsel
- present investigation file evidence, field questions and participate in investigation file review discussions
- attend hearings and prosecutions as a witness to provide evidence
The successful candidate will have the following minimum qualifications:
- grade 12 diploma or GED
- strong written and verbal communication skills including experience with report writing
- ability to manage multiple and changing priorities
- excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to deal with and persuade difficult persons
- detail-oriented with strong judgment and analytical skills
- strong computer skills with proficiency in MS Office 2010 with typing skills of minimum 40 wpm
- a valid driver’s licence for occasional travel
- a post-secondary degree or diploma
- familiarity with the real estate appraisal, real estate or mortgage brokerage industries
- investigation experience within a regulatory environment
- experience interpreting and applying legislation
Interested applicants should submit their cover letter and resume via email to Human Resources at [email protected] . The application deadline is 5:00 p.m. on August 17, 2015 . Please include “Professional Conduct Review Officer” in the subject line of your email. We thank all applicants for their interest. We will only contact those individuals we consider for participation in selection exercises or interviews. We may consider your application for other job openings at RECA.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Calgary, AB, CA
Posted on: 2015-07-31