OverviewRBC Event & Administrative Support Coordinator – (Fall 8 Month Co-op) Temporary in Toronto, ON
Branch Toronto ON CA
Event & Administrative Support Coordinator – (Fall 8 Month Co-op)
Want to be in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC? Book travel and prepare expense reports….
RBC Global Asset Management – Event & Administrative Support Coordinator – Student
Looking to start your career in Financial Services? RBC fosters a positive learning environment for students by providing the support and resources to help strategize your career path. Since we opened our doors in 1864, RBC has grown to become one of North America’s leading diversified financial services companies. RBC Global Asset Management (RBC GAM) is a global asset manager with industry-leading investment management capabilities with teams located around the world. Globally, RBC GAM companies manage approximately CAD $250 billion (US $250B, £156B or €182B) in assets on behalf of individual, high net worth and institutional investors. Phillips, Hager & North Investment Management is the division of RBC GAM responsible for serving institutional clients in Canada. RBC Global Asset Management Inc. is the manager of RBC Funds and PH&N Funds. PH&N Funds won the Lipper Awards for “Best Overall Fund Group” in 2010 and 2011, and “Best Bond Fund Family” in 2007, 2008, 2010 and 2011. RBC Funds won the Lipper Awards for “Best Bond Fund Family” in 2009 and “Best Overall Fund Group” in 2007 and 2008. Does the Global Asset Management segment interest you? If yes, then be sure to check out the co-op opportunity below!
PURPOSE: The Event & Administrative Support Coordinator is a coop student position. It is responsible to the Vice President, Sales Effectiveness and assumes duties to support the planning and execution of national and regional internal and external events and advisor programs. In addition to event support, this role will be responsible for many administrative tasks to support the Vice President and the team.
- Pull and analyze reports from the event registration system and CRM (Client Relationship Management system)
- Assistance with registration system set up and monitoring
- Create marketing lists in CRM and run reports
- Event coordination tasks including, but not exclusive to: preparing name badges, briefing reports/packages, collating, processing payment requests
- Prepare applications for submission of presentations for continuing education credits
- Conduct systematic and manual fulfillment of continuing education credits
- Assist with the tracking of applications, accreditations and fulfillment of continuing education credits
- Event related research (flights, hotels, destination information, special event venues)
- At times, assist with onsite event execution
- Monitor event inboxes
- Create efficiencies with current documentation for speaker requests
- Prepare meeting agenda and minutes
- With guidance, update work back and critical path schedules
- Administer the departmental calendar (updates, posting)
- Provide organizational and administrative support in compiling post event presentations, documentation and reports
- Prepare cheque requisitions
- Book meetings and monitor calendars
- Book travel and prepare expense reports
- Assist with meeting preparation
JOB REQUIREMENTS (Knowledge/Experience):
- Toronto based
- Work effectively and collaboratively in a project and team environment.
- Bilingual (French/English) is an asset but not a requirement.
- Ability to multi-task and work under tight timelines
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Flexibility to work over-time during busy season/leading up to an event
- Ability to prioritize daily tasks
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office, with particular strength in Excel 2010
Experience working with a CRM system is an asset. BEHAVIORAL
- Analytical Thinking
- Strong Communication skills (oral and written)
- Team player
- Proactive Thinking
- Strong service orientation
Please submit your cover letter, resume, and academic transcripts online at www.rbc.com/careers
This position is looking for a current student available for a 8 month term.
In order for your application to be considered, please specify the university or college you are currently attending and your program of study on the application form.
Diversity and Equal Opportunity Employment:
RBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status or any other legally-protected factors.
Join Our Talent Community
Want to be in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC? It’s easy! Join our Talent Community and get the inside scoop on jobs, career paths, recruitment events, and more!
Work Hours/Week: 37.5
Work Environment: Office
Employment Type: [[filter7]]
Career Level: Student Job
Pay Type: [[jobGrade]]
Required Travel: [[requiredTravel]]
People Manager: [[peopleManager]]
Job Posting End Date: 08/28/2015
Req ID: 95863
Posting Notes: None
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Posted on: 2015-08-18