OverviewRBC Client Advisor Internship Program, Summer 2018 – Niagara Internship in Niagara, ON
Branch Niagara ON CA
Client Advisor Internship Program, Summer 2018 – Niagara
Proven customer service skills. If you have the drive to deliver exceptional customer service, you can build a great career with us and gain progressive…
Are you 1-3 years away from graduation and plan to pursue a career in banking? We have Summer Student Intern opportunities available at RBC branches in South West Ontario: Niagara region
What is the opportunity?
Open the door to the first of many opportunities at RBC and experience the challenges and rewards of working in the financial services industry. If you have the drive to deliver exceptional customer service, you can build a great career with us and gain progressive learning opportunities year over year through our Summer Internship Program.
In the first year, you gain foundational skills as a Client Advisor, the face of RBC. You work on the front lines, serving clients, carrying out transactions, solving problems and spotting sales opportunities. This is an important role providing advice to clients and finding solutions that meet their individual needs.
What will you do?
- Serve clients by delivering exceptional customer service through completing transactions, engaging in needs-based conversations, and communicating with clients throughout the branch
- Identify needs and provide tailored financial advice and solutions to clients, when possible, at the point of first contact
- Contribute to team sales results by listening and spotting opportunities to offer additional advice, introduce clients to the capability of RBC partners, or personally fulfil client solutions
- Understand & resolve client concerns, where possible, at first point of contact
- Educate & assist clients with using RBC digital capabilities
- Manage risks by adhering to compliance routines, processes, and controls to protect client and shareholder interests while completing transactions
What do you need to succeed?
- Proven customer service skills
- Drive and self-motivation, as well as excellent communication skills and emotional intelligence
- Digital literacy across a broad range of devices (i.e., smartphones, tablets, laptops, etc.)
- Personal flexibility to work a variety of hours including evenings and weekends
- Eagerness to learn and determination to succeed
- Sales experience in the financial or service industry
Is this job right for you? Check out our video and decide for yourself!
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- Excellent career development and the potential to return each summer for progressive opportunities until graduation
- A world-class training program in financial services
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program and competitive compensation
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
Royal Bank of Canada is Canada’s largest bank, and one of the largest banks in the world, based on market capitalization. We are one of North America’s leading diversified financial services companies, and provide personal and commercial banking, wealth management, insurance, investor services and capital markets products and services on a global basis. We have over 80,000 full- and part-time employees who serve more than 16 million personal, business, public sector and institutional clients through offices in Canada, the U.S. and 37 other countries. For more information, please visit rbc.com .
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
RBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the application process are available upon request.
City : Niagara
Address : To be determined
Work Hours/Week: 37.5
Work Environment : Branch
Career Level: Student Job
Job Posting End Date : 03-02-2018
Req ID : 158538
Employment Type: Internship
Location: Niagara, ON, CA
Posted on: 2018-02-27