OverviewRaytheon Facility Ops Associate Full Time in Happy Valley-Goose Bay, NL
Branch Happy Valley-Goose Bay NL CA
Facility Ops Associate
Happy Valley-Goose Bay, NL
Five logistics support sites (LSSs), a monitoring and control center, and a radar depot. The North Warning System (NWS) is a joint United States and Canadian…
The North Warning System (NWS) is a joint United States and Canadian radar system that includes 47 radar sites spanning the Arctic from Labrador to the Alaska border. The NWS provides the capability to detect airborne threats across North America’s polar region, providing a command and control capability to the Canadian Air Defence Sector (CADS) of the North American Aerospace Defence Command (NORAD).
Raytheon will provide Operations and Maintenance (O&M) of the NWS system including full care, custody, and control of the entire NWS and its components. This includes 47 radar sites; five logistics support sites (LSSs), a monitoring and control center, and a radar depot. Key activities include radar, equipment and facilities maintenance/repair; logistics support; and remote monitoring and control.
We seek a warehouse person in Goose Bay. This is a temporary full time position until December 31, 2015 with the possibility of extension.
Responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Performs inventory control, handles packages & labels materials for storage or shipment.
- Operates material handling equipment and performs manual labour duties, maintains good housekeeping practices.
- Assists in transportation of personnel and trips to long or short range radar sites.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Experience (KSE): Ideal candidate must possess a minimum of three (3) years experience in warehouse operations, and have a high school diploma or equivalent. Additional KSE’s required include:
- Experience handling Government Furnished Equipment (GFE) and associated control processes
- Experience in shipping/receiving/storing material in a warehouse environment
- Knowledge of inventory control processes and/or software applications
- Experience utilizing inventory control software application on personal computers
- Knowledge of proper safety equipment/practices working in a warehouse environment
- Ability to properly prepare and package material/cargo for shipment
- Ability to utilize proper PPE required in a warehouse environment
Successful candidates will be required to complete a criminal reference check and pass a security clearance check to a secret level through the Canadian Government.
Desirable skills and experiences:
Direct work experience on North Warning System sites. Experience/knowledge of custom control points and processes.
- Forklift/Manlift license/certification
- Experience working with geographically dispersed work locations.
- Ability to speak Inuktitut and English, able to provide Inuit status number or/proven cultural understanding is highly preferred, in support of the North Warning System.
- Remote, requiring air travel to and from location(s).
- A team contribution towards all tasks
- Proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is to be worn at all times.
- The positions are located remote Arctic locations with severe outdoor winter weather conditions.
Raytheon Canada Limited is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and welcomes a wide diversity of applicants. Raytheon is committed to providing long-term, sustainable and meaningful economic benefits for Inuit Beneficiaries and their communities through activities such as on-the-job training, mentorship and skills development at all levels of employment. If you are an Inuit Beneficiary or a Land Claim Beneficiary from the Nunatsiavut, Nunavut or Inuvialuit Settlement Region you are encouraged to submit your resume.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Happy Valley-Goose Bay, NL, CA
Posted on: 2015-09-23