Employment Type: Part Time
Posted on: 2018-03-15
Ramada Jacksons Point Resort and Spa Hotel Accounting Bookkeeper Part Time in Newmarket, ON
Ramada Jacksons Point Resort and Spa
Branch Newmarket ON CA
Hotel Accounting Bookkeeper
Manage a weekly forecasting models for all business units. Each statement should be accompanied with a variance analysis and “corrective action” plan….
You will direct the financial operations of the hotel to ensure the security of the assets of the company in a decentralized accounting environment.
Must have Hotel/Hospitality experience, must be hands on and detail oriented.
- Co-ordinate the preparation of annual operating budget and cash flow plan.
- Manage a weekly forecasting models for all business units.
- Prepare month end financial statements based on the “universal code of accounts for hotels”.
- Each statement should be accompanied with a variance analysis and “corrective action” plan.
- Cash Management – ensure daily cash reconciliation and bank reconciliations are diligently executed.
- Ensure accounts payable and accounts receivable is managed efficiently.
- Ensure all inventories are prepared consistently and accurately. (Food and liquor weekly, linen weekly and all others as requested).
- Co-ordination of daily management information system.
- Control procedures.
- Ensure all cash is controlled by establishing a series of procedures including a thorough daily review of night audit and a comprehensive series of cross checks to ensure all cash is collected appropriately and all company assets are secure.
- Ensure the company complies with all applicable government regulations and reporting obligations and tax remittances.
- To plan and track cash flow and communicate to the CEO of the organization on a timely basis.
- Work with the managers to control incremental operational expenses and promote the management of efficient operating ratios.
- Track revenue trending and work with the operating managers to maximize yield in hotels and average covers in restaurants.
- Responsible for payroll and completion of all government reporting and remittances.
- Any tasks as assigned by President.
- A recognized accounting designation CA, CPA and CGA is a must for this senior accounting management role.
- Experience in cash management in entrepreneurial environment
- Strong leadership and mentoring skills
- Effective communication skills Hotel/Hospitality experience is a prerequisite.
- A Minimum of 2 years’ experience in hotel accounting in a financial/controller’s role
Job Type: Part-time
- Hotel accounting: 2 years
- bookke: 2 years