OverviewRainy River District School Board FTE Medical Education Assistant Full Time in Young, SK
Rainy River District School Board
Branch Young SK CA
FTE Medical Education Assistant
Human Resources Department. From community agencies involved with the student. Provided by qualified personnel from agencies such as Community Care Access…
Rainy River District School Board Notice of Position
ETFO-ESP Bargaining Unit Members and External Applicants
Posting Number: 1617-24 Date: September 13, 2016 To: Members of ETFO-ESP and External Applicants Anticipated Start Date: To be determined Position: 1.0 FTE Medical Education Assistant Job Description: Attached Location: Donald Young School Hours of work: 32.5 hours per week Rate of pay: $25.49 to $26.11 per hour
Applications will be prioritized in the following order: 1. ETFO-ESP members within the job classification 2. ETFO-ESP members outside the job classification 3. External applicants with the qualifications, skills and abilities for the position including casual staff
Application Requirements: 1. ETFO-ESP members within the job classification who express interest in the position must do so in writing 2. ETFO-ESP members outside the job classification must submit a cover letter, resume, and Reference
Authorization Form including two references (one of which must be from a current or recent supervisor) 3. Casual staff and external applicants must include a cover letter, resume, Non-Teaching Application Form and
Reference Authorization Form including two references (one of which must be from a current or recent supervisor)
Please submit application documents, referencing the job posting number, to: Human Resources Department Rainy River District School Board 522 Second Street East Fort Frances, ON P9A 1N4 Fax: (807) 274-1950 Email: [email protected]
Accommodation in the recruitment process is available upon request for applicants with disabilities.
For further clarification or questions please contact Kelly Forbes, Principal, 807-482-2271
Closing Date: Tuesday, September 20, 2016 at 4:00 PM
Rainy River District School Board
Fort Frances, Ontario
DATE: May 10, 2002
POSITION: Medical Education Assistant
EMPLOYEE GROUP: ESP (Educational Support Personnel)
• A Secondary School diploma or equivalent • Educational Assistant Course preferred or two years experience in a related field
• Physical ability to perform the essential duties of the job
• Effective oral and written communication skills
• Must be able to function as a member of the team
• Flexibility to suit varied needs of students
• An attitude of respect and sensitivity towards students with varied background abilities, socio-economic and educational status
• Computer skills preferred • First Aid course (with CPR training)
Under the supervision of the Principal, the Medical Education Assistant is responsible to
assist with the delivery of program to special needs students as determined by the
Classroom Teacher, Special Education Resource Teacher, Special Education Coordinator,
Speech Language Pathologist and the Principal. The role of the Medical Education
Assistant will be influenced by the needs of the special needs students. Training will be
provided by the immediate supervisor. Additional training and medical procedures will be
provided by qualified personnel from agencies such as Community Care Access Centre
and Victorian Order of Nurses.
The Medical Education Assistant is responsible to the Principal and Special Education
JOB DESCRIPTION – MEDICAL EDUCATION ASSISTANT
1. To maintain strict confidentiality of students and student records.
8. To assist the teacher in the preparation, implementation, and assessment of the
individual student(s) education plan.
9. To assist and supervise the design and delivery of daily programs associated with
the academic, social, behavioural and psychomotor development of the special
10. To assist in the provision of physical care and comfort for each student with
special needs (including medical) which may include any of the following:
– lifting and positioning of the student
– assisting with mobility aids such as wheelchairs, walkers, lifts, etc.
– general maintenance exercises
– clean, intermittent catheterization
– shallow surface suctioning
11. To ensure a safe environment through close supervision during arrivals,
departures, lunch hour, recesses and in the classroom for special needs students.
12. To assist in the preparation and operation of instructional materials and equipment.
13. To collaborate with school personnel, treatment teams and other professional staff
from community agencies involved with the student.
14. To assist in the integration of students in the mainstream through social and life
skills opportunities i.e. classroom, school, community, etc.
NOTE: The duties of the Medical Education Assistant will be consistent with
Policy/Programme Memorandum #81
Conditions of Employment:
1. Rainy River District School Board Policies and Procedures.
2. Rainy River District E.T.F.O. Educational Support Personnel Collective
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Young, SK, CA
Posted on: 2016-09-21