OverviewQM Environmental Site Supervisor – Ruttan Mine Contract in Mississauga, ON
Branch Mississauga ON CA
Site Supervisor – Ruttan Mine
Provide prompt daily recording of site activities to Project Administrator, Project Manager and Operations Manager….
QM Environmental is a full- service specialty environmental contractor providing: demolition, decommissioning, emergency response, environmental remediation, hazardous material abatement, metal recycling and waste management services.
QM is pleased to announce an opportunity for a Site Supervisor join our Remediation team in the Ruttan Mine Remediation Project in Manitoba, 240 km from Thompson, MB.
This is a contract position for the duration of this project with potential of relocation to other projects after. The rotation is 21 days on site and 7 days off, all logistics to get on and off the site are paid by the company.
A Site Supervisor within the Remediation division is responsible for the following duties:
· Supervision of all activities on job sites including Health and Safety
· Effectively manage site staff within a union or non-unionized environment to ensure completion of project, on schedule and on budget
· Works cross functionally by utilizing internal business partners resources, systems, processes and operations
· Develops safe and effective work plans and conveys them to crews in a clear fashion
· Receive direction from Operations Manager and will be accountable for project deliverable and adherence to operations process and procedures
· Coordinate activities on job sites. Communicate with Project Manager and Operations Manager as to job progress and scope changes/problems.
· Read, understand and follows the Corporate Health and Safety Program, Policy and Procedures. Ensures health and safety is considered in the performance of all activities on the job and that they comply with client H&S requirements
· Hold effective job kick off meetings, daily tailgate meetings and weekly safety meetings
· Responsible for daily tracking and reporting to the Project Manager and Operations Manager of costs and ensuring cost effectiveness of procedures on a job site is such that actual costs are at or below planned costs in the Control Estimate
· Management of project and operational cost control logs
· Provide prompt daily recording of site activities to Project Administrator, Project Manager and Operations Manager
· Cooperate with client on site visits and inspections
· Act as a liaison identifying issues, scope conflicts and project changes
· Assign equipment, personnel, and subcontractor resources to satisfy project requirements and in accordance with union agreements (if applicable)
· Supervise all activities on site
· Plan future activities on jobsite
· Ensure safety is #1 priority on site
· Graduate from both a secondary and a post-secondary institution.
· Graduate from a university program related to civil engineering or college diploma in construction technology.
· Gold Seal & Project Management Certificate would be an asset.
· Valid First Aid/CPR· Basics of Supervisor Certified
· Minimum 10 years’ Supervisory experience in remediation, civil construction or oilfield and mining.
· Demonstrated leadership skills.
· Experience in surveying elevations.
· General knowledge in Microsoft Excel Spreadsheets and Word.
· Capable of managing required paperwork.
· Understanding of codes, and regulations in Manitoba.
· Understands how to read blueprints.
· Organizational skills
· An ability to delegate work and explain tasks
· Communicate effectively with others and maintain favourable public relations
· Ability to meet project specification and requirements
· Maintain records, prepare reports and conduct correspondence related to the work
· Ability to conduct group meetings and reconcile conflicting views
· Commitment to safety
· Leadership· Attention to detail
· Excellent time management
· Motivated and able to motivate others
· Current or former CAF members: Are you looking at a transition to a rewarding civilian career, or wish to leverage your current experience in a civilian environment? The following qualifications will be an asset to your application:
· CE Superintendent, CE Officer, Combat Engineer, Engineer Officer
The above items may need to be verified if required
Employment Type: Freelance
Location: Mississauga, ON, CA
Posted on: 2018-04-04