OverviewQ4 Inc Jr Systems Administrator Full Time in Toronto, ON
Branch Toronto ON CA
Jr Systems Administrator
Tier 2 customer support. 1-3 years technical experience in administration support and infrastructure implementation and support along with mid-Level experience…
Who is Q4?
Q4 was founded with the goal of developing innovative communications and intelligence solutions for Investor Relations teams. As our client base expanded (check out the list), so has our product offering. From a SaaS-based Intelligence and Surveillance platform to dynamic webcasting and website solutions,Q4 moves at lightning-speed to ensure our clients have all the information and tools they need to make more effective decisions, better engage with their shareholders, and understand the capital markets. Our mantra is not to always achieve perfection but rather to always achieve progression. For us, moving the needle forward and continuing to iterate is more important than having a perfectly oiled machine that is not evolving.
Our busy Infrastructure team is expanding. We are seeking individuals who can own their piece of our complex environment and showcase their expertise.
- Support Q4 Employees at Toronto HQ and satellite staff
- Maintain existing HQ network, authentication systems, and workstations
- Manage and Maintain Virtualized (Hyper-V) development environment
- Directory structure
- Create VM Templates
- Specific environment customization requests from Development team
- Procurement of Q4 employee hardware and licenses
- Conduct and report on scheduled and regular reviews of Q4 Capacity, Security Events, Access/Permissions
- Tier 2 customer support
- Execute platform setups for new Q4 Clients
- Monitor and analyze market trends; study competitors’ products and services
- Bachelor’s Degree/Diploma in Computer Science or related discipline or equivalent experience
- 1-3 years technical experience in administration support and infrastructure implementation and support along with mid-Level experience (4+ years) in all aspects of system administration of Microsoft Windows Server and/or Linux systems to deploy and maintain global infrastructure services (RHEL/CentOS and Windows Server 2008R2/2012)
- Expert knowledge of Windows 7, Windows 10, Apple OS X, Apple iOS, and Android
- Strong knowledge of Active Directory and Group Policy and Directory Services/LDAP
- General knowledge of Virtualization technologies (i.e. Hyper-V, VMware, Xen)
- General knowledge of Storage technologies (i.e. SAN, NFS, iSCSI)
- General knowledge of Networking technologies (i.e. TCP, Load Balancing, Routing, Switching, Firewalls, WPA with RADIUS)
- General knowledge of designing, troubleshooting and tuning web application environments
- General knowledge of relational databases (i.e. Microsoft SQL Server)
- General knowledge of application and OS performance tuning in Windows and Linux environments
- Experience supporting applications in shared or virtual environments both on premise and cloud hosted
- Flexibility in scheduling with a willingness to work extra non-standard hours as required
- Ability to work well within a multidisciplinary team structure, but also independently
- Strong interpersonal and verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrable track record dealing well with ambiguity, prioritizing needs, and delivering measurable results in an agile environment.
- Culturally diverse and inclusive
- Fluent in English language, written and verbal
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Knowledge of Clustering technologies and configurations
- Ability to program to solve problems and automate repetitive tasks in a common scripting or programming language such as Perl, PowerShell, Ruby, shell (ksh, bash)
- Knowledge of Splunk or similar log analysis software
- Experience with Sensitive Data Environments (PCI, HIPAA, etc.)
- Experience working in colocation and IaaS environments
Why you should join:
Q4 is revolutionizing the Investor Relations landscape, helping hundreds of global companies communicate their stories and strengthen their brand within the investment industry for over a decade. We’re proud of where we came from, and where we’re going — and we will continue to push the limits and innovate the investor relations marketplace.
Here’s why we think Q4 is a pretty cool place to work:
- We operate transparently and collaboratively in an open concept space
- We work on challenging and exciting problems – no one day is like the other
- We shun bureaucracy and we’re all about making things happen
- We make a huge difference for our clients and they love us because of it
- We play hard and we work hard
- We offer competitive salaries, benefits, unlimited vacation days, and your choice of hardware
- Dogs are welcome – big egos, not so much
Q4’s diverse culture fosters a friendly, open-minded workplace. We are an equal opportunity employer. As a member of a dynamic, high-performing team, each Q4 employee is hungry to learn, valued for their contribution, and approaches each day excited to make an impact.
With great reasons to work here, take advantage by submitting your application to join our growing team.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Posted on: 2016-09-20