OverviewPwC Senior Manager – Corporate Tax (Halifax, Moncton or Saint John) Full Time in Halifax, NS
Branch Halifax NS CA
Senior Manager – Corporate Tax (Halifax, Moncton or Saint John)
• Proficiency in using current technologies, particularly Microsoft Office Suite of applications.. Achieve your full potential in an environment where there’s…
Achieve your full potential in an environment where there’s flexibility to cultivate your personal brand and knowledge base.
Our Tax Services practice:
In our Tax Services practice, we work with clients to manage their tax opportunities. Our Canadian and global practices are linked, which means clients look to us for expert advice and guidance. We’re the first choice when it comes to strategies on reducing taxes, innovative tax planning, and the effective management of reporting burdens.
The Opportunity: Senior Manager/Manager
PwC continued success in Atlantic Canada has created unprecedented new opportunities for exceptional people to join the practice at the Senior Manager level in one of our Maritime locations – Halifax, Saint John or Moncton. We are looking to appoint our future leaders… people with an outstanding track record in building a business and delivering results… people who have the vision and foresight to take their career to the next level and be part of a winning team. Our Tax practice is strong, with a full range of tax and succession planning services for high net worth individuals, corporate and U.S. tax.
As a Senior Manager in our Tax Group, you will:
• Network extensively with existing and prospective clients and assume a high degree of responsibility and exposure within the firm;
• Work with our growing team of partners and staff who are focused on serving a wide range of clients;
• Be provided with the opportunity to become an expert in your field, by building on your knowledge of Canadian Tax with one of the largest professional services firms in the world;
• Gain exposure to various industries, products and services;
• Supervise and mentor junior staff;
• Participate in proposal development for prospective clients and other business development activities;
• Have ongoing career development opportunities and rewarding and challenging work in a dynamic high energy environment;
• An exposure to a diverse client base that will develop your problem solving skills and continue to develop your tax expertise;
• Increase your profile in the Atlantic Region through participation in professional development, educational and other events;
• Be joining a team that respects work/life balance and offers flexible work arrangements.
The successful candidate will have the following credentials:
• CA, CGA, or CMA designation and has completed the CICA In-depth Tax Course;
• Strong technical background and broad based tax skills as a result of 5 to 10 years of prior experience in a professional services firm or in industry;
• Strong in the review and preparation of complex tax provisions;
• Several years of experience in leading tax accounting and tax compliance engagements;
• A proven leader, with strong business development and entrepreneurial skills and possess exceptional interpersonal and communication skills;
• Strong analytical capability, sound business sense and creative mind that have earned you the reputation of providing excellence in client service;
• Ability to work effectively under pressure and manage multiple assignments in an organized manner;
• Demonstrated ability to identify tax consulting opportunities and a willingness to aggressively market services to existing and prospective clients;
• Ability to manage, develop, retain and mentor junior tax professionals;
• Proficiency in using current technologies, particularly Microsoft Office Suite of applications.
• Being bilingual in English and French would be preferred but not required.
Why Work for PwC
Having diversity of thought creates the truly dynamic and innovative leadership that we are known for. Our resource circles provide an inclusive forum for peers and mentors to share experiences, discuss professional opportunities, and brainstorm creative solutions.
Apply for our opportunities today. This is a place that will inspire you to be at your best each and every day. Your application today is tomorrow’s opportunity.
PwC: the Opportunity of a Lifetime
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Halifax, NS, CA
Posted on: 2015-09-23