OverviewPwC Senior Accountant Experienced Full Time in St. John’s, NL
Branch St. John’s NL CA
Senior Accountant Experienced
St. John’s, NL
Planning and executing review engagements in accordance with Generally Accepted Auditing Standards in addition to preparation of financial statement in…
The best opportunities to let your knowledge, talent and skills flourish.
Our Private Company Services practice
PwC’s Private Company Services clients are private businesses, ranging from high net worth individuals to owner-managed family businesses. PwC’s Private Company Services MySolutions Team consists of business advisors dedicated to resolve the day-to-day business issues of our clients and help them achieve long-term success.
The Opportunity: Senior Accountant:
As a key member of the team, you will be responsible for developing relationships with existing clients and forging new ones in order to exceed their expectations. You will build your relationship throughout the assignment and ensure proactive and professional communication with key stakeholders. You will contribute to the overall effectiveness of the team by seeking feedback, collaborating with your peers and demonstrating a positive attitude and approach to your work. You will also promote a culture of learning and development by assisting to Coach more junior staff.
Your work will be primarily:
· Preparing financial statements under Notice to Reader and Review Engagements from source documentation for operating companies and investment holding companies;
· Preparing Canadian personal, trust and corporate income tax returns, and other tax reporting forms (ie. T4 and T5 slips);
· Preparing various tax election forms;
· Year-end planning for various companies;
· Compilation of client information and working paper file preparation;
· Planning and executing review engagements in accordance with Generally Accepted Auditing Standards in addition to preparation of financial statement in accordance with Accounting Standards for Private Enterprises;
· Drafting complete financial statements and related notes and preparing personal and corporate tax returns and other information.
· Supervising and coaching junior staff and reviewing their work where applicable.
· Following-up on Notices of (Re)Assessments;
· Preparing memos to file and other correspondence, as required; and
· Researching accounting and corporate tax issues, as required.
· Accounting diploma or degree from a College or University or existing accounting/professional designation;
· Fundamental Financial Accounting and Tax knowledge;
· Sound knowledge of preparing Canadian personal, trust and corporate income tax returns;
· Good communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills and the ability to liaise with clients at a professional level and thrive in a team environment;
· Demonstrated ability to work in a multitasked, fast-paced and changing environment and prioritize to meet deadlines;
· Accuracy and attention to detail;
· Computer software knowledge (Excel, Caseware, Tax Prep, Sage, QuickBooks); and
· Proactive and takes ownership for development.
Why Work for PwC
When you work here, you can:
· Be part of a dynamic, inclusive workplace environment, where you are valued for the unique contribution you bring;
· Diversify your client experience by working directly with leading-edge private clients of all sizes and in a variety of industries;
· Participate in our community, environmental, and sustainability activities; and
· Take advantage of our comprehensive benefits, including our fitness allowance and wellness programs, which help you find better flexibility with work and other parts of your life.
PwC is committed to building a diverse workforce representative of the communities we serve. We encourage and are pleased to consider all qualified candidates, without regard to ethnicity, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, aboriginal status, age, disability or persons who may require an accommodation, to apply.
PwC: the Opportunity of a Lifetime
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: St. John's, NL, CA
Posted on: 2017-10-29