OverviewPwC Manager, Data Analytics (Applications Manager) Full Time in Montréal, QC
Branch Montréal QC CA
Manager, Data Analytics (Applications Manager)
The business world constantly changes, that’s not new. Data Manipulation and Analysis Languages (i.e., R/SAS, SPSS, Java, VBA, etc.)….
Our Consulting & Deals practice is growing and we’re looking for people who are eager to work in a dynamic and rewarding environment.
PwC helps clients build their next competitive advantage. As the world’s second largest global consulting provider, we combine the breadth of knowledge of over 35,000 global professionals with deep industry knowledge to deliver custom solutions for our clients. A long history of working with many of the world’s largest and most complex companies means we really understand the unique business challenges our clients face better than most consultancies.
The Opportunity: Manager, Data Analytics Consulting
Analytic Apps Group Overview:
The business world constantly changes, that’s not new. However, what is new is that this time it’s affecting how consultants go to market. More data points & sources; more desire for hard facts & analytics in decision making; virtually unlimited computing power & storage; better tools & new approaches – all of these changes have created an unprecedented opportunity to deliver better insights and real value at lower costs than ever before.
In the Analytic Apps group our goal is to use those trends and changes to build offerings that help make our consultants look brilliant in front of clients. We integrate data, proprietary algorithms and visualizations, with the consultant’s deep industry knowledge and experience to answer complex business problems that challenge our clients in several industries. By doing this, we differentiate PwC in the marketplace, win more work and deliver outstanding value to our customers. We’re looking for innovative, insightful, collaborative and truly high quality people to help us deliver on this vision and to impact the way the firm delivers value to our customers.
The basic function of the Applications manager is to run the equivalent of a small business within the Analytics practice. This includes managing a diverse team, interfacing with stakeholders and external clients, prioritizing new features/development and ensuring execution is completed.
The Product Manager role requires a jack-of-all-trades who can fill many roles within the design and development of an analytic app in addition to managing the product. The ability to rapidly code functional prototypes, review code and develop marketing materials is nice to have. Product managers must be able to interface with several stakeholder groups including our consulting partners, business analysts, other product managers, and our development teams.
An ideal candidate would:
- Manage/coach small multidisciplinary product teams to build best in class digital products
- Be an evangelist for customer centric/data driven product development approaches.
- Be an influential voice on behalf of the customer (our consultants and their clients) constantly thinking about their needs and the reflection of those needs in the products we deliver.
- Be experienced in digital product development with agile approaches.
- Be experienced with backlog/requirements creation, management and prioritization.
- Be passionate about product discovery, development and innovation.
- Be comfortable with ambiguity while at the same time designing tests to resolve that ambiguity.
- Ability to produce visual pretotype / functional prototypes (make sure everything gets done).
- Be experienced in digital product development with agile approaches.
- Be expected to work with off-shore teams located in India, China, Prague to implement the solution architecture in developing the analytic applications.
Requirements & Skills:
- Management consulting experience in strategy and analytics. Familiarity with approaches of applying data and analytics to solve questions of business strategy for clients.
- Storytelling – building storyboards and other presentations targeted at senior business audience. Could be in PowerPoint or other presentation media (videos, interactive presentations, etc)
- Have experience with release planning and roadmap creation; proven track record for deploying high quality products.
- Be able to create competitive analyses for potential products, drive appropriate segmentation approaches and develop preliminary business cases – refining them all as emergent information arises.
- Articulate and passionate verbal communicator – comfortable communicating with all of our stakeholders (partners, consultants & clients).
- Some knowledge or experience in each of the three areas below is valuable.
- Data Storage Technologies (i.e. SQL, Oracle, NoSQL, Hadoop, MSFT Access, etc.)
- Data Manipulation and Analysis Languages (i.e., R/SAS, SPSS, Java, VBA, etc.)
- Visualization Technologies (i.e. D3/HTML Visualizations, Tableau/Qlikview/Spotfire/etc, Advanced Excel/Access UI, etc.)
- Flexible mindset and comfort with multi-tasking. You will be exposed to different products, and your role may change rapidly given shifting product priorities and resource needs.
- 10+ years of broad technology expertise in web-based systems architecture, service-based architecture, enterprise application architecture as well as experience managing expectations when balancing alternatives against business and financial constraints
- 10+ years of progressive hands-on technical experience as well as 5+ years of full life-cycle software development managerial experience including leading multi discipline development teams.
- Deep knowledge of current agile methodologies; specifically Scrum.
- Ability to grasp a range of functional and non-functional requirements to understand the application scope to define the right architecture including solution components and the interactions
- Knowledge of current technologies and ability to collaborate and communicate with the apps leadership team, Technical Managers and Product Managers on the architectural approach and point of view, pros and cons of choices and make recommendations.
- Experience with Java and J2EE, Java based frameworks, Spring, Groovy, Maven, Gradle, SOAP and web services, REST APIs & open source software.
- Experience or exposure to latest web technologies like HTML5, CSS3, Bootstrap framework, AngularJS, Yeoman, D3js, Nodejs, jQuery.
- Experience with data architecture, data modeling and relational databases.
- Experience with Hadoop, NoSQL and other Big Data technologies will be considered a plus.
Minimum Years of Experience Necessary:
Minimum 5 years of progressively more responsible related work experience in Information Strategy/ Architecture/ Governance and BI/Analytics
Minimum Degree(s) and Certification(s) Required:
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Business, Engineering or any related field
Why Work for PwC
PwC is rapidly expanding its Information Management practice with the expectation to more than double the practice in the next 2 years. IM is considered among the five strategic big bets for the firm. This is an exciting place to be with innovative ideas, business models and career advancement opportunities.
PwC is committed to building a diverse workforce representative of the communities we serve. We encourage qualified candidates, including Aboriginals and Persons with Disabilities, to apply.
PwC: the Opportunity of a Lifetime
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Montreal, QC, CA
Posted on: 2016-06-03