OverviewPwC Manager, Audit – Private Company Services, Regina Full Time in Regina, SK
Branch Regina SK CA
Manager, Audit – Private Company Services, Regina
CPA, CA designation or equivalent designation. Assume a coaching role that aligns staff development with our firm’s strategy Connected Thinking;…
The best opportunities to let your knowledge, talent and skills flourish.
Our Vision for PwC Regina
At PwC, a key part of our strategic growth platform is focused on growth in the West with energy, utilities, public sector, mining and private company services. As Saskatchewan is ripe with opportunities, our presence in and focus on the Saskatchewan market continues to grow. With our growing success in the market, PwC recently opened an office in Regina to establish the foundation for taking our commitment to client service in Regina to another level. We are looking for ambitious, competent professionals in all lines of service to be a part of this exciting time in PwC.
Our Assurance practice:
The professionals within our Assurance Group understand how businesses work from the inside. We work to resolve issues faced by management and serve the public interest by helping to protect the capital markets system through reliable financial reporting.
As part of our assurance team, you will have the opportunity to work on a wide range of audits on some of Canada’s best-known brand names. Within assurance you will be constantly challenged to learn more, allowing you to provide clients with the highest level of quality services.
The PwC audit team is focused on adding value to our clients through building deep industry knowledge, bringing wide international experience and collaboration within our global network of skilled professionals.
The opportunity: Manager, Audit Private Company Services, Regina
As a Manager on our audit team, you will:
- Take on a professional role as part of our client-facing teams
- Examine financial and accounting records,
- Ask a range of questions – from formal written questions to informal oral questions – with a range of individuals at our client organizations
- Identify, assess and test internal controls
- Make judgments on significant estimates or assumptions made by management
- Verify and test financial statements and supporting disclosures
- Assume a coaching role that aligns staff development with our firm’s strategy Connected Thinking;
- Instruct milestone training courses to our staff;
- Network in the local business community;
- Participate in the preparation and delivery of competitive audit proposals
- In addition, the manager will be expected to develop industry and technical expertise in audit and assurance through written reports, management presentations and the production of high quality deliverables.
As the Regina office is in start-up phase, you will be responsible for helping build a base of Private Company Services clients and by providing innovative solutions to become their trusted business advisor.
- CPA, CA designation or equivalent designation
- BA or BS in Accounting or Business discipline
- Minimum of five years of audit experience in a professional services firm
- Understanding of Canadian GAAP and GAAS;
- Knowledge of US GAAP/ SEC and IFRS would be an asset;
- SOX experience would be an asset;
- Excellent project management skills and ability to manage relationships at all levels within PwC and within the client’s organization;
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills that allow you to thrive in a team environment
- Demonstrate an ability to multitask in a fast-paced and changing environment
- Thorough technical skills and experience regarding applicable accounting reporting and auditing standards
- Experience in the design of engagement procedures based on risk and materiality
- Previous experience in leading discussions with engagement teams
- Skilled at managing existing clients and seeks opportunities to take on business development activities
- Specific industry experience in Insurance would be considered an asset;
- Travel across Manitoba and Saskatchewan will be required.
Why Work for PwC
Whether you’re an accomplished professional or a promising new talent, you’ll have opportunities to continuously learn, grow and advance in your career within our network. Our diverse client mix gives you an opportunity to make a difference by working with clients across Canada and clients with a global reach.
PwC is committed to building a diverse workforce representative of the communities we serve. We encourage qualified candidates, including Aboriginals and Persons with Disabilities, to apply.
PwC: the Opportunity of a Lifetime
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Regina, SK, CA
Posted on: 2015-09-09