OverviewPwC Associate – UX Strategy & Design Full Time in Toronto, ON
Branch Toronto ON CA
Associate – UX Strategy & Design
Your approach to design is unabashedly user-centered, while judiciously balancing the other attributes of effective design solutions….
Collaborate with industry leaders, diverse teams and innovative minds.
In today’s market, delivering a functional core product or service is not enough. People expect more than just function. To transform our client’s businesses, we need to go beyond function to create memorable, meaningful experiences – something unique and disruptive – driving real value for their customers, partners and employees.
We leverage PwC’s powerful business intelligence and sector expertise to fully understand our client’s current state and future needs. We seek out solutions through a digital lens, addressing pain-points and going deep on problems worth solving.
Why PwC Digital Services?
We’re are looking for a passionate, creative, talented, and experienced user-experience specialist to join the PwC Canada Digital Services team as a Sr. Associate of UX Strategy and Design. As the successful candidate, you will demonstrate a firm grasp of UX methods and techniques and how your design solutions trace back to business goals. Your approach to design is unabashedly user-centered, while judiciously balancing the other attributes of effective design solutions. Your designs simplify the complex, and exude that ineffable quality that makes people want to engage and trust the clients we serve. You sweat even the smallest detail. You know that feature creep is not an option. You have plenty of examples of user experiences that you’ve created that are truly useful, usable, and remarkable.
The Opportunity: Associate, UX Strategy & Design
As an Associate of UX Strategy and Design, you will work with your creative colleagues to successfully deliver client projects, and to grow the user-experience practice within PwC.
In this role you will:
- Conduct primary experience research to ground solutions in deep and insightful representations of user attributes, needs, goals, and motivations, and of the activities users carry out.
- Build trusted relationships with clients and end users by listening, understanding, and catering effectively to their goals and objectives.
- Review analytics and usage data and form insights to inform your design decisions and to validate or refactor your assumptions
- Create meaningful and valid descriptions of users, through personas, profiles, and audience analyses.
- Create meaningful and valid descriptions of user activities and actions through journeys, scenarios, use cases, task analyses, and usage flows.
- Design powerful and innovative user experiences that align to defined UX strategies and that are consistent with best practices in information architecture and interaction design.
- Work with the user-experience and project teams to continually evolve PwC’s UXD practice to reflect our clients’ experience strategies.
- Judiciously balance experience design with technology capabilities and limitations.
- Create prototypes with varying levels of fidelity and interaction (from low to moderate fidelity)
- Plan, execute, analyze, and report on usability tests of your designs, and refine your design accordingly, iterating with increased levels of fidelity until the solution has reached or exceeded its success targets.
- Demonstrate a material positive impact our client’s business outcomes and user experiences
- Continue to acquire and evolve your skills and capabilities to be able to deliver the next generation of UXD.
The ideal candidate:
- Is extremely conscientious and detail-oriented, with demonstrable relevant work experience
- Is articulate and prepared, able to confidently rationalize your designs to peers, clients, and executives
- Is highly polished and professional, and deeply values relationships
- Has a strong analytical aptitude, coupled with a creative and innovative outlook
- Is consistently positive and enthusiastic, yet practical
- Is quick and efficient without compromising quality
- Is flexible in contributing in a fast-paced, high-visibility team environment
- Takes initiative, isn’t afraid to fail, asks thoughtful questions, and constantly seeks better ways of working and communicating
- Enjoys working with an inspiring team of richly creative and accomplished professionals
What you need:
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in a foundational field of UX – including human-computer interaction, digital media design, human factors engineering, information studies, psychology – or equivalent work experience and training
- Experience creating designs for multiple device types, technologies, and form factors
- Experience creating UX deliverables as described above
- Ability to travel (estimated at about 30%)
- Proficiency with several creative and prototyping tools, such as Omnigraffle, InDesign, Illustrator, Visio, Invision, and Axure, among others
PwC is committed to building a diverse workforce representative of the communities we serve. We encourage and are pleased to consider all qualified candidates, without regard to ethnicity, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, aboriginal status, age, disability or persons who may require an accommodation, to apply.
PwC: the Opportunity of a Lifetime
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Posted on: 2017-01-24