OverviewPwC Associate, Data Analytics (Bilingual) Full Time in Montréal, QC
Branch Montréal QC CA
Associate, Data Analytics (Bilingual)
Successful candidates will have demonstrated proven thorough skills and success while participating in consulting-related projects within a professional…
Our Consulting & Deals practice is growing and we’re looking for people who are eager to work in a dynamic and rewarding environment.
PwC Canada helps organizations and individuals create the value they’re looking for. More than 5,700 partners and staff in offices across the country are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax, consulting and deals services. PwC Canada is a member of the PwC network of firms with more than 180,000 people in 158 countries.
Consulting & Deals:
In our Consulting & Deals (C&D) practice, you’ll work with people who have a broad range of skills and expertise. It’s a great way to learn on the job and build on a variety of business skills that will serve you throughout your career. You’ll work with people who have deep subject matter expertise across a variety of industries, including: financial services; retail; technology and communications; mining and energy; as well as within the public sector. Working with our professional’s means you’ll get the coaching and training you need to develop your career.
PwC’s Consultants are business integrators with extensive consulting and industry experience who help our clients solve their complex business issues from strategy through execution. A PwC consulting career may provide the opportunity to grow and contribute in our various competencies that we apply to our clients business issues every day, which may include:
Risk and Controls
- Internal Audit, GRC, Financial Services Risk & Compliance
- Controls & Third Party Assurance, Business Process Controls, IT Risk, ERP Controls
Management & Technology
- Finance: Finance Operations and Performance Management
- Operations: Procurement & Supply Chain, Financial Services,
- People & Change:
- Technology: Strategy, architecture, and governance to implementation in the technology, Information management, Security or ERP
Industry specialization in:
- Financial Services,
- Energy & Utilities, Mining and Industrial Products
- Telecommunications, Retail and Consumer Products
- Public Sector
The Opportunity: Associate – Analytics, Consulting
Our Information Management consultants help clients maximize the value of their data. This high performing team helps clients:
- Define their information strategy, architecture and governance,
- Get the most value from business intelligence and analytics, and
- Implement solutions such as enterprise content and data management solutions to reduce cost and complexity, increase trust and integrity, and improve operational effectiveness.
Successful candidates will have demonstrated proven thorough skills and success while participating in consulting-related projects within a professional services environment that utilize creative thinking skills and individual initiative, including the following:
- Collaborating and contributing as a team member: understanding personal and team roles; contributing to a positive working environment by building solid relationships with team members; proactively seeking guidance, clarification and feedback.
- Identifying and addressing client needs: building solid relationships with clients; approaching clients in an organized manner; delivering clear requests for information; demonstrating flexibility in prioritizing and completing tasks; communicating potential conflicts to a senior team member.
- Prioritizing and handling multiple tasks; researching and analyzing pertinent client, industry, and technical matters; utilizing problem-solving skills; and, communicating effectively in written and verbal formats to various audiences (including various levels of management and external clients) in a professional business environment.
- Coaching and collaborating with peers who assist with this work, including providing coaching, feedback and guidance on work performance.
- Ability to help others think critically and share complex technical solutions to non-technical audiences both orally and in writing; Proven strong consensus building abilities; Proven skills to work effectively across internal functional areas in ambiguous situations.
Demonstrates knowledge of, and/or a proven record of success performing in a role participating in, analytics projects which include:
- Analyzing large and complex data sets, including a demonstrated thorough aptitude for conducting quantitative and qualitative analyses.
- Ability to recognize data patterns, quantify potential issues and identify solutions.
- Ability to standardize, harmonize, clean, prepare and use data (ETL) for developing datasets, reporting and analysis using SQL, SAS or any comparable language / tool.
- Ability to translate complex methodologies and results into simple language for business / management teams that may have limited analytical proficiency.
- Experience using data visualization tools (Power Pivot, Tableau, Qlikview or comparable)
- PLUS: Experience with data modeling, warehousing and architecture concepts.
- PLUS: Experience using advanced analytics / statistical software tools (such as Knime, Rapidminer, SAS, SPSS, R, Python or comparable).
Minimum Years of Experience Necessary:
- Minimum 1 year of progressively more responsible related work experience in Information Strategy/ Architecture/ Governance and BI/Analytics.
Minimum Degree(s) and Certification(s) Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Business, Engineering or any related field
- PLUS: Master’s Degree in an Analytics related field
Why Work for PwC
Be part of a dynamic, inclusive workplace environment, where you are valued for the unique contribution you bring.
- PwC is the world’s largest professional services firm and is continuing to expand and move up in the industry.
- PwC is rapidly expanding its Information Management practice with the expectation to more than double the practice in the next 2 years. IM is considered among the five strategic big bets for the firm. This is an exciting place to be with innovative ideas, business models and career advancement opportunities.
- PwC approaches IM from a business perspective. If you have been looking for an opportunity to expand from a technical base to become a more versatile management consultant, this is a golden opportunity. Our IM business is focused on information strategy / governance and BI / analytics, in particular.
- PwC invests in its people. We are fostering a learning culture that allows people to learn new skills and try different projects, while balancing the economics and constraints of the environments we do business in. Take advantage of our comprehensive benefits, including our fitness allowance and wellness programs, which help you find better flexibility with work and other parts of your life.
- PwC is socially responsible. We have a CSR office and a large foundation that invests in our community. We offer grant programs based on staff (volunteering) contributions to the community as well as education programs for board members of charities.
PwC is committed to building a diverse workforce representative of the communities we serve. We encourage qualified candidates, including Aboriginals and Persons with Disabilities, to apply.
PwC: the Opportunity of a Lifetime
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Montreal, QC, CA
Posted on: 2016-10-31