OverviewPwC Administrative Assistant, Tax, Vancouver Contract in Vancouver, BC
Branch Vancouver BC CA
Administrative Assistant, Tax, Vancouver
Organize logistics and material for internal/external events, or training sessions on behalf of the requestor….
Build relationships and see how they open new pathways to excellence.
Our Tax Services practice:
In our Tax Services practice, we work with clients to manage their tax opportunities. Our Canadian and global practices are linked, which means clients look to us for expert advice and guidance. We’re the first choice when it comes to strategies on reducing taxes, innovative tax planning, and the effective management of reporting burdens.
The Opportunity: Manager Assistant
Reporting to the local team lead, the Manager Assistant is responsible for supporting the day-to-day business activities of a team of practice staff in their LOS. Critical attributes of this position include: a positive, proactive “can do” attitude and excellent customer service, interpersonal and communication skills. Attention to detail, the ability to handle multiple priorities and flexibility to adapt to changing demands and deadlines are essential.
- Document Production – typing, formatting and editing of proposals, reports, draft standard and non-standard correspondence, spreadsheets and presentations using the MS Office, or proprietary software as required, while adhering to branding standards
- Work with internal staff (at all levels) and clients to finalize documents; coordinate with other departments to ensure the timely production of documents
- Enter, review and maintain opportunities, client account and contact information within the Client Relationship Management (CRM) tool
- Book travel using company approved travel provider
- Prepare and submit expense reports
- Organize logistics and material for internal/external events, or training sessions on behalf of the requestor
- Sort and circulate incoming mail
- Answer and respond to telephone calls transferred from managers’ voicemail. During extended ‘manager’ absences, provide telephone coverage and check voicemail
- Provide details of managers’ whereabouts and/or availability by viewing their Lotus Notes calendar
- Other administrative duties that will enhance the effectiveness of the practice staff (photocopy, scanning, filing, compile tax returns, type financial statements, Retain, reception coverage, etc.)
- This role is best suited to an individual who possesses a minimum of 3+ years of relevant experience in an administrative role, preferably in a professional services environment, supporting a fast-paced team
- Advanced technical skills in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Confidence in ability to work in a highly technical and ever changing work environment
- Effective listening skills; excellent oral and written communication skills (including strong spelling, editing, proofreading, punctuation and grammar skills)
- Adaptable and able to work within tight deadlines, demonstrating flexibility
- Exceptional organizational skills and the ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities
- Excellent judgement and strong problem solving skills
- Strong client service focus in dealing with both external and internal clients, displaying an image of professionalism, discretion, integrity and tact
- High school diploma required
- Post-secondary education is an asset
- Bilingualism is an asset/requirement
- Preferred working hours: 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Flexibility to work overtime when required
Why Work for PwC
Our employees make an impact with their dedication to client service, creativity, and high performance. Whatever your passion is, the opportunities available to you at PwC will help you realize your career aspirations.
PwC is committed to building a diverse workforce representative of the communities we serve. We encourage and are pleased to consider all qualified candidates, without regard to race, colour, citizenship, religion, sex, marital / family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, aboriginal status, age, disability or persons who may require an accommodation, to apply.
Your application today is tomorrow’s opportunity.
PwC: the Opportunity of a Lifetime
Employment Type: Freelance
Location: Vancouver, BC, CA
Posted on: 2017-02-11