OverviewProspera Credit Union Community Events Coordinator (Term) Contract in Abbotsford, BC
Prospera Credit Union
Branch Abbotsford BC CA
Community Events Coordinator (Term)
Under the day to day direction of the Community Engagement Specialist, the Community Events Coordinator participates in the development, planning, execution,…
Under the day to day direction of the Community Engagement Specialist, the Community Events Coordinator participates in the development, planning, execution, and wrap up of community events of which Prospera Credit Union is involved.
1. Supports the day to day responsibilities of corporate celebrations and community events such as Credit Union Day, Fondo’s, Branch Openings, Canada Day, Cinema under the Stars, Children’s Festivals, etc. including organizing resources (such as, tents, mascot, requesting volunteers etc).
2. Supports branches in planning and implementing branch initiated community events and programs.
3. Supports organization of and arrangement of public relation events such as press conferences, media interviews, PR events (i.e. vehicle giveaways) to raise Prospera’s corporate and community profile.
4. Assists in event set up, execution, and tear down, evaluates success of events and provides suggestions for continuous improvement. Maintains tracking of event critical paths, budget, and project files.
5. Supports the quote process with event suppliers (printers, photographers, event coordinators and mail houses) and ensures production and/or service meets approved standards and timelines.
6. Coordinates and circulates marketing information to internal and external stakeholders related to community events and objectives.
7. Supports the Community Engagement Specialist with the graduation requirements and disbursement of funds for the Educational Award Program.
8. Takes responsibility for self-development and continuous learning to achieve the required knowledge for the position.
9. Performs other duties as assigned.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
• Knowledge of marketing communications processes;
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing;
• Ability to plan, schedule, organize and prioritize work and meet deadlines during periods of high volume;
• Ability to work collaboratively with others in department and within the Corporate Office;
• Ability to use initiative and work independently;
• Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Power Point) application;
• Event Planning experience preferred;
• Required to work flexible hours, including weekends and evenings.
• Diploma in marketing, communications or a related discipline;
• One year related experience;
• Or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Employment Type: Freelance
Location: Abbotsford, BC, CA
Posted on: 2016-06-17