OverviewProspera Credit Union Assistant Branch Manager (FT Term, 12 months, Prospera Centre Branch) Temporary in Kelowna, BC
Prospera Credit Union
Branch Kelowna BC CA
Assistant Branch Manager (FT Term, 12 months, Prospera Centre Branch)
Provides coaching in accordance with the Prospera Way to the financial service and service associate teams by managing the relationship service and sales…
PRIMARY FUNCTION The Assistant Branch Manager demonstrates sales leadership and manages the daily operation of the financial service and service associate teams. In adherence to established policies and procedures, and in accordance with Prospera Way ensures: department operations effectively meet member needs; and routine audits and controls are in place for all wealth and lending administrative activities.
This position leads the activities of the financial service and service associate teams to ensure growth in the banking, lending and wealth areas contributing to the overall profitability of the branch. As a member of the branch management team, the Assistant Branch Manager participates in the establishment of financial projections, budgets and marketing strategies. Financial accountability for the operating budget is shared with the Branch Manager. Responsibility for full cycle (on boarding thru to exit planning) of direct reports.
Within the operating community of the branch it is essential for the Assistant Branch Manager to develop a visible profile as a member of the business and professional community and to utilize this presence to market the products and services of the Credit Union. The Assistant Branch Manager also encourages their staff to take an active role in the community to ensure Prospera is positioned as a community leader.
Credit approval limits are as set in writing by the Senior Vice President, Credit Services.
SPECIFIC ACCOUNTABILITIES 1. Provides coaching in accordance with the Prospera Way to the financial service and service associate teams by managing the relationship service and sales processes to ensure service and sales activities focus on satisfying member needs.
2. Provides a leadership and managerial role in the branch, fostering knowledge, skills and experience sharing among branch staff and the financial service and service associate teams.
3. Supervising and monitoring staff activities; ensuring resources are scheduled appropriately, including vacation and other leaves, to meet operational requirements.
4. Being available as a technical expert and resource person; providing direction and resolving complex problems and member concerns referred by others; assisting staff in problem solving.
5. Interviewing and selecting new staff, and ensuring appropriate orientation and training in accordance with established training practices and procedures.
6. In consultation with the Branch Manager and Human Resources promotes, disciplines and, if necessary, terminates employees
7. Assisting in the development and updating of performance standards, conducting annual performance appraisals; identifying performance problems and consulting with Branch Manager prior to initiating disciplinary action.
8. Overseeing implementation of training and development programs for new and seasoned staff members to ensure quality of service is maintained to promote staff growth and to introduce new or revised procedures; ensures quarterly and annual performance development plans are completed. Conducts training programs and liaise with EDT to ensure staff receive the appropriate training and development (both internal and external) required.
9. Coaches the financial service and service associate teams toward portfolio management growth by meeting referral and sales/budget targets and increasing saturation of existing member relationships. Initiates action to enhance referral and sales/budget targets by recommending revisions to the branch marketing plan and taking a leadership role in pursuing new business and contributing to the big picture.
10. Supports corporate initiatives through effective communications and participates in all branch campaigns.
11. Reviews and evaluates systems, policies, procedures and practices to identify opportunities to improve branch performance and/or efficiency in consultation with the branch management team.
12. Provides and approves retail lending business within designated limits. Maintains joint responsibility with the Branch Manager for the loan and investment portfolio.
13. Ensures routine audits and controls are in place for all wealth and lending administrative activities.
14. Works closely with the Wealth Management team to provide banking, wealth and insurance services to members and ensures ongoing referrals to the Wealth Management Specialists.
15. Assists with the operating budget process with the Branch Manager for approval; cascading sales and referral targets to team members; and monitors operating expenses and reconciles variances.
16. Ensures all administrative and security functions are carried out in accordance with the established policies and procedures of the Credit Union, the Financial Institutions Act & Regulations and other applicable Provincial and Federal legislation.
17. In the absence of the Member Services Manager will act as the designated Compliance Officer for the Proceeds of Crime (Money Laundering) and Terrorist Financing Act (PCMLTFA). As Compliance Officer, maintains up-to-date knowledge on all Anti-Money Laundering issues and, reviews each Suspicious Transaction Report for completeness and accuracy prior to forwarding to the Investigations & Loss Prevention Department.
18. Assumes full responsibilities of the Branch Manager in their absence; lending limits to be approved by credit services.
19. Assist with the development, implementation and success of the established business plan at the branch level by updating staff on current programs and ensuring that appropriate materials are available.
20. Ensures a high standard of service and performance by actively participating in training programs, educational seminars and other duties as may be assigned.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Advanced knowledge of :
- variety of wealth, lending, mutual fund products and administration;
- consumer lending policies, documentation requirements and legal processes;
- statutory guidelines and regulations governing lending; and
- analyze internal financial statements;
- banking system and computer applications.
- Prospera Way service and sales expectations;
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills;
- Proven ability to enthusiastically supervise, coach, cross train, mentor and motivate teams;
- Demonstrated ability to plan, schedule, delegate, organize, prioritize and execute work assignments;
- Under general supervision can make complex decisions using considerable judgement and common sense.
- Secondary school diploma with at least two years post secondary education;
- Minimum of seven years lending and wealth experience; or
- An equivalent combination of education and experience.
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Kelowna, BC, CA
Posted on: 2017-10-29