OverviewProject Manager in Saint John, NB
Branch Saint John NB CA
Saint John, NB
Accountabilities: As a Project Manager in the energy… cases, project schedules and will be responsible for project execution and results. Project identification…
Emera Utility Services (EUS) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Emera Inc. (EMA-TXS), an energy company based in Canada’s Maritime Provinces.
Accountabilities: As a Project Manager in the energy industry, you will work to identify, advance and manage business improvement and business development opportunities. You will work with key stakeholders to develop comprehensive business cases, project schedules and will be responsible for project execution and results. Project identification, development and execution will require a close working relationship with key internal and external stakeholders to develop improvement project plans that will include technical, human resources and information technology aspects as well as safety and regulatory requirements. Your experience in the energy industry; more specifically with pipelines will complement your existing project management skills.
Skills, Capabilities and Experience:
- Apply your industry knowledge to Identify business development/improvement opportunities.
- Create and present business cases for business development or improvement opportunities.
- Develop specific criteria, evaluate proposals and provide recommendations for vendor products or services.
- Execute active projects by successfully managing scope, budget and milestones.
- Establish and document existing and new work processes.
- Establish change management and transitional plans for process changes.
- Provide leadership and establish an execution framework in which the project team feels committed to the project’s success.
- Manage project contracts to ensure adherence to scope and budget.
- Provide leadership and problem-solving skills to ensure project success while maintaining positive work environment.
- Successfully lead a multi-stakeholder project team without directional authority.
- Formally report progress against plan for active projects.
- Provide continued support post-implementation to ensure process efficiency and improvement.
Our ideal candidate holds a professional designation in engineering, finance or a related field and a minimum of seven years of relevant experience. A Project Management Professional designation and process improvement experience in Lean Six Sigma are considered assets. In addition to your experience in a technical operating role in the energy industry, including pipeline utilities you have an understanding of the financial side of the business and a solid understanding of performance metrics and productivity. Experience in Emera affiliate operations will be considered an asset.
You demonstrate strong relationship skills, and a high level of ability to shape and influence others at all levels within the organization towards collective goals and results. The ideal candidate will be an innovative thinker with a proven reputation for integrity, ethics, and issues resolution. You apply highly effective communication, influencing, collaboration, problem-solving and decision making-abilities.
Application Requirement: To apply, please click on the APPLY button at the end of the job posting, complete all required information fields, and insert your covering letter and resume into the online form.
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Application Deadline: September 22, 2014. Late applications may not receive consideration.
Recruitment and Promotion Policy: When filling vacant positions, we are determined to hire the best candidates available. We are committed to providing employees with a fair and equal opportunity to compete for jobs. Hiring and promotion of employees is based on skills, capabilities, knowledge and demonstrated abilities.
You will possess a valid driver’s license and be required to complete a pre-employment drug & alcohol test as a result of this position being classified as a safety sensitive role.
Emera values diversity in the workplace and strongly encourages applications from all qualified candidates including African Canadians and other members of the visible minority community, Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities, and women in non-traditional roles. Applicants from these designated groups wishing to self-identify may do so through a series of questions in the online application process.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Saint John, NB, CA
Posted on: 2014-09-13