Progressive Waste Solutions Customer Service Representative (CSR) Full Time in Coquitlam, BC
Progressive Waste Solutions
Branch Coquitlam BC CA
Customer Service Representative (CSR)
Set up site and service in TRUX. Process requests for service cancellation (out of business or moving) in TRUX and refer to sales rep, if appropriate, to set up…
Progressive Waste Solutions the leader in non-hazardous solid waste management in North America is looking for a Customer Service Representative at our facility in Coquitlam, BC. We are looking for an innovative, detail oriented and proactive individual capable of creating and driving change. The Customer Service Representative responds to customer inquiries on scheduled pickups, complaints, price increases, invoices, and container issues. They processes customer payments and all other general inquiries.
- Respond to calls requiring extra lifts on a regular schedule; enter extra lift request in TRUX.
- Receive calls for bulk/large item pickups or recycling pickups and process requests in TRUX.
- Resolve complaints on missed lifts by verifying information in TRUX (e.g., driver’s pick-ups and notes to see if bin missed or blocked); forward request for extra lift to route supervisor to schedule.
- Resolve calls about noise or by-law issues by listening to concerns and notifying Operations.
- Receive request for new accounts, gather relevant information and forward to appropriate sales rep.
- Process requests for service increase or decrease and enter data in TRUX.
- Process requests for service cancellation (out of business or moving) in TRUX and refer to sales rep, if appropriate, to set up a new service.
- Attempt to accommodate customer special requests, where feasible, by coordinating with Operations or Sales team.
- Explain justification for price increases; negotiate the increase with a customer, within an approved range if customer signs longer-term contract ( or refer to sales or retention rep when customer does not agree).
- Explain invoice details to customers. Review GPS report to explain billings for disputed lifts on invoice, and explain from run sheet.
- Credit customers for disputed lift (or offer courtesy lift), upon reviewing account history, and using discretion. Enter notes into TRUX and create a manual credit (attach back-up and forward to manager for approval).
- Arrange payment pickups or a credit card payment for suspended customers or those in arrears.
- Receive requests for temporary containers; set up delivery and pickup for a customer or non-customer. Record customer information and credit card details on a form, to take a deposit. Set up site and service in TRUX.
- Receive request for special loads (e.g. clean up, waste audit or destruction loads for food waste). Arrange for container, note in TRUX, and coordinate with Operations, as required.
- Coordinate with other districts to arrange special customer requests or temporary service.
- Handle calls on container issues (e.g. missing lock, lid, chain, repair, exchanges) by noting the issue with a brief description in TRUX and forwarding to the repair shop.
- Open large quantities of mail daily.
- Batch checks, credit card payments and invoices for data entry.
- Enter invoice number and amount paid in batches into TRUX. Balance the batch when data entry is complete and pass to A/R to post in accounting system.
Full Time with benefits
Salary: $36,000 – $41,000/year depending on experience.
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience in telephone service environment.
- Very organised; able to coordinate many daily operations within tight timelines.
- Good communication and people management skills to uncover issues, seek win/win solutions and effectively deal with upset customers.
- Good numeracy skills to handle discussions on invoice details and understand customer credits.
- Solid working knowledge of all modules of TRUX system, except routing
- Detail orientated.
- Familiarity with routing, logistics or industry terminology is helpful.
- Required to sit for long periods of time.
- Infrequent light physical effort required.
- Work performed in an office environment.
- Frequent use of the telephone in performing the job duties.
- May include walking periodically throughout the work day.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
Please note only successful candidates will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- High school or equivalent
- Call Center: 2 years
- Microsoft Office: 2 years
- Handling Escalations: 2 years
- TRUX: 2 years
- Data Entry: 2 years
- Inbound Customer Service: 3 years
- Waste Industry: 1 year