OverviewPROGRESSIVE INTERCULTURAL COMMUNITY SERVICES SOCIETY Business Advisor/Facilitator Temporary in Surrey, BC
PROGRESSIVE INTERCULTURAL COMMUNITY SERVICES SOCIETY
Branch Surrey BC CA
Provide advice and assistance in the establishment and maintenance of business and financial records and recordkeeping systems, in compliance with all relevant…
Job Summary: As part of the Self-Employment Project team, the Business Advisor / Facilitator is responsible for developing curriculum and lesson plans for facilitating different aspects of self-employment program – business plans, operations, marketing research, sales, advertising, social media, financial statements and human resources, etc.; guiding, coaching and preparing clients to launch their businesses; advise and connect clients with financing sources.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in Business Administration or Accounting is required; minimum 3 years of experience in adult education, facilitation and presentation is required; demonstrated expertise in business development strategies, sales coaching and marketing through social media; some experience in running and managing a business is preferred; or a suitable combination of education, training, experience and certification. Established relationships/connections with various businesses in the community are required. Fluency in English (written, spoken) is mandatory and fluency in a second language is desirable. Valid Driver’s license and access to suitable vehicle is required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct information sessions for potential project clients.
- Review clients’ business ideas to determine if they have potential.
- Evaluate business proposals together with client financial and business status to assess viability of proposals and advise clients as appropriate.
- Provide direct technical assistance to small business clients in the research and development of business plans, marketing plans, loan proposals and related business development requirements.
- Help existing small businesses with problems such as finding ways to reduce costs or improve marketing.
- Refer clients to other sources of specialist advice if necessary.
- Network with the local business community and enterprise organisations.
- Monitor the progress of the clients during and after the intervention and provide regular and timely feedback about the progress of clients to the Program Coordinator
- Compile and prepare program statistics and monthly participation and follow up report for submission to the management and funders
- Advise clients in micro and small business management practices, methods, and techniques.
- Provide advice and assistance in the establishment and maintenance of business and financial records and recordkeeping systems, in compliance with all relevant business, accounting, and taxation laws, regulations, guidelines, and standards.
- Develop lesson plans on small business related workshops and seminars.
- Participate in the development, promotion, coordination, and delivery of small business management training programs and workshops.
- Coordinate and participate in efforts to build relationships with area businesses to establish and develop contract training opportunities.
- Participate, as assigned, as a member of community groups and organizations to promote local business and economic development within the service area.
- Monitor operational activities and discuss effectiveness of results with project team.
- Participate in organizing the Annual PICS Mega Job Fair and Small Business Expo
- Perform other related duties as assigned from time to time.
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Surrey, BC, CA
Posted on: 2015-09-22