OverviewPrincess Auto St. John’s, NL- Assistant Team Leader (Assistant Store Manager) Full Time in St. John’s, NL
Branch St. John’s NL CA
St. John’s, NL- Assistant Team Leader (Assistant Store Manager)
St. John’s, NL
Always willing to go above and beyond for our customers. Provide cross functional support to the Leadership team and other areas of the store….
Princess Auto is seeking a top talented retailer to join our Leadership Team in St. John’s, Newfoundland
Different kinds of people, for a different kind of company.
The Retail world is increasingly competitive, and “standing out from the crowd” remains an ongoing challenge. At Princess Auto, we strive to be Unique…in our product selection, our Team Members and in our Leadership. We share information. We value opinions and collaboration from all our people across the company, regardless of position or scope of responsibility and work as a collective team in a supportive environment. We strive to provide “Royal Service”, our high standard of serving not just our Guests, but each other, and it is a philosophy we embrace and demonstrate every day.
Our strength is in our people. In fact, we call our employees “Team Members”, and our managers “Leaders”. We all work together towards a common goal: to make Princess Auto a better company.
About Princess Auto
Princess Auto is a Canadian based Multi-channel Retailer with a Global Vision. We serve the home, shop, and industrial markets by providing a Unique Blend of quality products, services, and value based solutions to our Guests through an outstanding shopping experience.
With our Home Office located in Winnipeg, Manitoba, our team is over 2000 strong! We own and operate 36 Retail Stores from coast to coast and support our stores through two distribution centers located in Winnipeg, MB and Milton, ON. In addition, we are building a strong business in E-commerce with the addition of a dedicated E-commerce Fulfillment Centre.
A brief glimpse into a rewarding future.
We are currently seeking Store Leadership candidates who can provide guidance, vision and strategy in order to support Princess Auto’s growth, as we focus on new locations and expand our presence across the country.
As Team Leader you will have the opportunity to oversee a fast paced, customer centric retail environment where you will be empowered to make a difference to our Guests and Team Members. Acting as a role model for your team, you will provide direction and guidance in order to meet business objectives and solutions while managing resources in order to create memorable shopping experiences for our Guests. You will also have the opportunity to work closely with internal partners at Home Office and Stores ensuring a supportive backdrop that supports all aspects of your business .
Assistant Team Leader
Reporting to the Team Leader, the Assistant Team Leader is responsible for the training and development of Team Leader Trainees and Team Members in their assigned area of the store while executing the business plan based on Princess Auto’s philosophy and operating procedures.
- Serving our Guests
- Work closely with their team to meet business goals, operating procedures and standards
- Implement and maintain store standards and cleanliness
- Contribute to building a culture wherein Royal Service and Princess Auto’s values thrive
- Leadership: Coaching, training and managing performance of Team Leader Trainees and Team Members
- Maintain a safe and responsible environment
- Chair monthly meetings for area of responsibility and provides updates to Leadership team and Team Members
- Assist with developing and implementing business plans
- Participate in training (both learning and teaching)
- Provide cross functional support to the Leadership team and other areas of the store
- Contribute to the achievement of store revenue and expense management targets
- Adhere to all policies and procedures
- Always willing to go above and beyond for our customers
- Minimum 2 years’ leadership experience
- Retail Operations experience(budget management, merchandising, inventory management, store standards)
- Proven Supervisory Skills
- Ability to provide direction
- Eagerness to learn
- Ability to motivate
- Team oriented
- Ability to train
- Ability to inspire
- Ability to communicate effectively and efficiently
- Enthusiasm and a positive attitude
- Takes initiative. Motivated to grow professionally while supporting company growth
- Hardworking and dedicated to helping achieve our goals
- Ability to work a variety shifts weekdays and/or weekends. This may include the occasional over-night shift.
What our Unique World can offer you:
- Competitive Compensation
- Company-funded, comprehensive benefits package
- Long-term disability coverage
- Quarterly Profit Sharing Plan
- Deferred Profit Sharing Plan
- Company Pension Plan
- Group RRSP
- Discount at our retail stores
- Free parking
- Professional development opportunities
- Opportunities for advancement
- Paid personal days
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: St. John's, NL, CA
Posted on: 2015-09-23