OverviewPrincess Auto Charlottetown – Retail Administrative Coordinator (HR Coordinator) Full Time in Charlottetown, PE
Branch Charlottetown PE CA
Charlottetown – Retail Administrative Coordinator (HR Coordinator)
Liaise between Home Office and the store to implement new processes, share information, and facilitate all administrative functions of the People Resources and…
Princess Auto is seeking a top talented retailer for our BRAND NEW store in Charlottetown, PEI!
In January 2016, we take possession of a brand new 20,000 sq. ft. building in Charlottetown, PEI. Our customers are anxiously awaiting our arrival, and we need dynamic, hard working, motivating individuals to build our team.
Different kinds of people, for a different kind of company.
The Retail world is increasingly competitive, and “standing out from the crowd” remains an ongoing challenge. At Princess Auto, we strive to be Unique…in our product selection, our Team Members and in our Leadership. We share information. We value opinions and collaboration from all our people across the company, regardless of position or scope of responsibility and work as a collective team in a supportive environment. We strive to provide “Royal Service”, our high standard of serving not just our Guests, but each other, and it is a philosophy we embrace and demonstrate every day.
Our strength is in our people. In fact, we call our employees “Team Members”, and our managers “Leaders”. We all work together towards a common goal: to make Princess Auto a better company.
The Retail Administrative Coordinator will be responsible for providing People Resources (HR) support to all Team Members, and Leaders. He or she will assist with implementation of policies, recruitment, orientation, training, payroll, benefits, health & safety and other areas as directed. Depending on the store class, other duties may be assigned by the Store Leader to assist with the retail operations.
- Liaise between Home Office and the store to implement new processes, share information, and facilitate all administrative functions of the People Resources and Finance departments.
- Work closely with all Team Members and the leadership team with respect to all communications and ensure they are dealt with diplomacy, confidentiality and with Royal Service.
- Help leaders to plan and coordinate monthly team meetings and team events.
- Work with Recruitment Team and Leadership Team to facilitate the recruitment process and ensure that Princess Auto’s recruiting practices are followed.
- Coordinate the disability management process with the Health & Wellness, and Leadership Teams
- Input schedules and exceptions in the Time and Attendance system. This will include working closely with the store leaders with scheduling and tracking of attendance.
- Maintain accurate and comprehensive team member files.
- Work with leaders and People Resources to ensure every Team Member receives a thorough orientation and all paperwork is completed.
- Provide clerical support to the safety committee and assist with the reporting of incidents.
- Ensure all Loss Prevention procedures are followed.
- High school diploma, GED or other equivalent
- Post-Secondary Degree or Diploma in Human Resources or a related field would be asset
- Experience in the service industry would be asset
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent time management skills and highly organized
- Service oriented
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Advanced computer skills
- Able to work with high degree of confidentiality
- Able to work flexible schedule shifts including days, evening, and weekends
What our Unique World can offer you:
- Competitive Compensation
- Company-funded, comprehensive benefits package
- Long-term disability coverage
- Quarterly Profit Sharing Plan
- Deferred Profit Sharing Plan
- Company Pension Plan
- Group RRSP
- Discount at our retail stores
- Free parking
- Professional development opportunities
- Opportunities for advancement
- Paid personal days
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Charlottetown, PE, CA
Posted on: 2015-10-23