OverviewPrimex Manufacturing Ltd. Manufacturing Production Employee- Grinder Full Time in Langley, BC
Primex Manufacturing Ltd.
Branch Langley BC CA
Manufacturing Production Employee- Grinder
Established in 1971 and headquartered in Langley, British Columbia, Primex Manufacturing Ltd. Fork lift experience and certification an asset….
Position Opportunity – Grinder
Established in 1971 and headquartered in Langley, British Columbia, Primex Manufacturing Ltd. (Primex) is a molder of plastic injection products. From its roots as a small custom injection molder and through the combination of Primex’s predecessor companies, Vanguard Plastics, Premo Plastics and VPL Enterprises Ltd., Primex has developed broad capabilities in the design, engineering and mold fabrication of a number of proprietary, patented in-house plastic products.
The Grinder role works Day Shift (6:30am to 3pm, Monday to Friday) and is paid a starting rate of $15.00. Benefits are offered after successful completion of a 3 month probationary period. Shift work may be required.
- Participate with a positive attitude while working with fellow production team members to ensure plant orderliness, cleanliness and safety.
- Ensure all product packaged is of the utmost quality to maintain customer satisfaction.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Understand the function of the plant, for example, grinders, moving robotic arms, forklift traffic, etc. for your safety
- At all times, maintain an organized and tidy workstation
- Always wear appropriate safety wear when applicable, for example, earplugs, gloves, safety glasses, facial shields/masks
- Learn and familiarize yourself with where miscellaneous tools are kept, for example, tape gun, cutters, knives, small hand sealers, etc; always ensuring to return the item to its proper place
Quality of Work:
- Listen and follow the direction of the floor supervisors and plant manager
- Collect recyclable plastic from the production floor
- Administer the identification, separation by type of materials and grinding process
- Use band saw to reduce size of recyclable plastic to grinder requirements
- Set-up grinders
- Put regrind material through secondary process to remove metal residues
- Learn and familiarize yourself with type and location of necessary packaging products in order to store properly
- Maintain and clean grinders and working area –keep area organized
- Frequently do grinder checks to ensure proper granulating function.
- During grinder checks, always ensure you grind in appropriate designated grinder and if a mistake occurs, shut the grinder off and report the incident immediately to your supervisor.
- Good reading and writing skills essential
- Good communication skills essential
- Previous production line experience an asset
- Mechanically inclined
- Fork lift experience and certification an asset
We thank all applicants, however only short listed candidates will be contacted. Thank you.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Langley, BC, CA
Posted on: 2016-10-30