Employment Type: Full Time
Posted on: 2018-01-11
Premier Kosher Inc. Sanitation Worker Full Time in Hamilton, ON
Premier Kosher Inc.
Branch Hamilton ON CA
Previous sanitation experience in a food manufacturing environment is an asset. Strong knowledge of Food Safety and HACCP policies and procedures in a food…
Sanitation workers are responsible for disassembly, cleaning, sanitizing, visual inspection, documentation and re-assembly of processing equipment in all areas of the facility.
- Disassemble and assemble all equipment as necessary in order to perform required cleaning and sanitation
- Mix and dispense chemicals as required
- Safely use, transport, and store all cleaning chemicals and tools
- Perform pre-operational quality, safety, and sanitation checks
- Communicate information about sanitation equipment problems with the Supervisor or Team Leader
- Ensure all required documentation is completed on timely basis and is accurate.
- Utilize and maintain in-house sanitation cleaning equipment (including power washers, vacuums, sanitizers, and floor scrubbers)
- Understand, follow and maintain WHMIS procedures and regulations as required.
- Understand, follow and maintain all sanitation programs and requirements.
- Perform general housekeeping including mopping, sweeping and garbage collection
- Accompany QA Technician during pre-operation inspection and perform cleaning/re-cleaning where necessary
Required Skills, Ability and Experience:
- Previous sanitation experience in a food manufacturing environment is an asset
- Good physical condition
- Occasional lifting greater than 50 lbs up to 75 lbs.
- Occasionally exerting up to 35 lbs of force or frequently exerting 35 lbs, of force, (bending, significant walking, scrubbing above shoulder height, mopping moving objects, pull, push equipment etc).
- Strong knowledge of Food Safety and HACCP policies and procedures in a food manufacturing facility.
- Forklift certification an asset
- Ability to work overtime as required
- Strong communication skills, in both verbal and written English
Job Type: Full-time