OverviewPraxair Distribution Manager – Western Ontario Full Time in Markham, ON
Branch Markham ON CA
Distribution Manager – Western Ontario
N Management / Logistics; Assisting logistics team with scheduling; Reporting to the Area Business Manager, the Distribution Manager is responsible for all…
Reporting to the Area Business Manager, the Distribution Manager is responsible for all Medigas driver fleet operations within Western Ontario and store safety operations in the region. The goals of this position are to ensure safe, compliant, efficient and profitable operations while delivering excellent customer service to our clients.
This position will also have the following responsibilities:
- Setting budgetary goals and presenting to senior leadership;
- Managing and monitoring driver costs and controls;
- Directly overseeing transportation facilities in the designated region;
- Managing people and operations within a non-unionized environment;
- Overseeing and managing region’s driver hiring, training and compliance, while ensuring tasks are aligned with the business plan;
- Managing day to day driver issues and opportunities;
- Executing performance management process, coaching, disciplinary actions, and terminations;
safety and compliance standards are being met;
- Assisting logistics team with scheduling;
- Working with Sales, Clinical and Customer Service groups for site surveys; conducting site assessments to ensure proper access to customer site, and coming up with alternate solutions when necessary.
The applicant should have a
College Diploma or University Degree in either Finance / Business Administration / Supply Chai
n Management / Logistics;
- 5 years of Transportation Operations Experience
- Strong Knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety Regulations
- Operational Safety Experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
Applicants are to be customer focused and have the ability to set priorities and follow through on tasks. The candidate should also be able to demonstrate a commitment to effectively managing teams. Commitment to safety is a must.
Praxair Canada Inc. is committed to employment equity for women, aboriginal people, visible minorities, and persons with disabilities. Interested candidates from these groups are encouraged to apply.
Praxair Canada Inc. is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. Applicants requiring accommodation during the recruitment and selection process are encouraged to make their needs known in advance if accommodation is required. We will work with you to meet your needs.
Feb 1, 2017, 12:00:00 AM
Feb 24, 2017, 11:59:00 PM
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Markham, ON, CA
Posted on: 2017-02-10