Employment Type: Part Time
Posted on: 2018-04-04
Prairie Wind Estate Inc. Food Services Worker Part Time in Herbert, SK
Prairie Wind Estate Inc.
Branch Herbert SK CA
Food Services Worker
Under the direction of the Supervisor, Food Services, the Food Services Worker assists with the preparation and distribution of food and beverages….
Under the direction of the Supervisor, Food Services, the Food Services Worker assists with the preparation and distribution of food and beverages. Provides dining room services. Cleans and sanitizes equipment and work areas.
- Grade 12 or equivalent
- Current Food Safe Handling Certificate issued by the Saskatchewan Ministry of Health.
- TLR Course
- WHMIS 2015
- No previous experience required.
- Acknowledge and support the Core Mission, Vision, and Value statements of Prairie Wind Estate Inc.
- Have good interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills in the English language.
- Have an interest and ability to work with the elderly and disabled with empathy and concern.
- Have an ability to develop and maintain good working relationships with staff and other departments.
- Food Preparation/Assemble
- Assembles meals including breakfast, dinner, supper and nourishments.
- Cleans and pre-preps menu items (e.g., trim meat, slice vegetables and fruit).
- Slices, grinds, purees and shred food (e.g., meat, cheese).
- Assists preparation of meals and nourishments.
- Assists preparation of special lunches and nourishments (e.g. diabetic, low calorie, etc.).
- Prepares cart items for snacks.
- Prepare pre-assembled supper meal as directed by the cook.
- Serve/Tray Assembly
- Serves breakfast, dinner, supper.
- Prepares trays and delivers and picks up as required.
- Provides dining room services (set tables).
- Assists residents with meals (condiments, cut meat, etc.) and provides dining assistance as required.
- Assists with special event food prep.
- Cleans and sanitizes work areas/surfaces, equipment and floors.
- Cleans/washes dishes, pots and pans.
- Collects garbage and disposes of waste to outside waste disposal unit.
- Clears and sanitizes tables.
- Related Key Work Activities
- Receives, unpacks and stores groceries.
- Stocks laundry supplies for kitchen.
- May show others how to perform tasks or duties by familiarizing new employees with the work area and processes.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Casual
Salary: $13.61 /hour