Employment Type: Part Time
Posted on: 2018-07-28
Prairie Valley School Division Temporary part-time Educational / Library Assistant Part Time in Saskatchewan
Prairie Valley School Division
Branch SK CA
Temporary part-time Educational / Library Assistant
Non-Violent Crisis Intervention training (will be provided). Transfer, Lift and Repositioning training (will be provided)….
School Support/Educational/Library Assistant
Wolseley High School
- Educational Assistants provide a range of support services that help students to achieve their academic, social, physical and personal potential. Educational assistants assist students with intensive needs in five key areas, providing personal care, life skills and experiences, academic support, communication, and behavioural support as required by students and directed by teachers, to promote engagement, participation and success in school.
- The Library Assistant is responsible for assisting in all aspects of the day-to-day operations of the school library in order to support school libraries as positive, welcoming and relevant centres of learning for all members of the school community.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent interpersonal skills to effectively and collaboratively work as part of a team and engage with a wide range of children with behavioural, cognitive and physical challenges
- Ability to interact positively with students, staff and parents and work collaboratively in a team environment
- Excellent problem-solving skills and solution focused interaction in order to be responsive to students’ needs
- Written communication skills through documentation and record keeping, as well as clear and professional verbal interactions
- Ability to be flexible with assignment duties based on student and school needs
- High degree of proficiency in database software and Microsoft Office applications, particularly Word, Excel and Outlook
- Excellent attention to detail, and organizational skills
- Familiarity with Mandarin 3 Library Software would be a definite asset
- Grade 12 or equivalent
- Educational Assistant Certificate or Diploma is a definite asset
- Post-secondary Library/Information Services Diploma or certificate or equivalent post-secondary education is an asset
- First Aid, CPR and AED training is an asset
- Specialized training in supporting students with differing abilities is an asset
- Non-Violent Crisis Intervention training (will be provided)
- Transfer, Lift and Repositioning training (will be provided)
- As per CUPE Agreement
- Library Assistant: Equivalent of 1 hour and 38 minutes per day
- Educational Assistant: Equivalent of 1 hour and 32 minutes per day
- To commence August 27, 2018 and ending June 30, 2019
- Starting salary $19.36 per hour
- Some manual labour including regular physical exertion and handling of objects up to 30 pounds (14 kg) on a repeated basis through the day and pushing weight bearing carts
For the full job descriptions of the Educational Assistant and Library Assistant positions, please click here.
- Interested applicants should submit their application online at www.pvsd.ca/careers by midnight on Friday, August 10, 2018.
Selection Procedure: Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Prairie Valley School Division supports the principles of a representative work force and welcomes applications from all qualified candidates.