OverviewPrairie Valley School Division Summer Literacy Camp Councellor Temporary in Regina, SK
Prairie Valley School Division
Branch Regina SK CA
Summer Literacy Camp Councellor
July 6 – 10, 2015 (Literacy Camp Training in Prince Albert); Attend and participate in all camp orientation, training and evaluation sessions….
Summer Employment/Literacy Camp Counsellor
Applications are invited for Camp Counsellors – Summer Literacy Camps position. This position will require the successful applicant to work as follows:
- June, 2015 (4 hours) – initial planning stages with summer literacy camp team
- July, 2015 (140 hours or 35 hours per week) which includes July 6 – 10 for training in Prince Albert (includes travel time) and three weeks of summer literacy camp (July 13 – July 31)
- August, 2015 (35 hours) – one week of summer literacy camp (August 4 – August 7)
- Note: July 6 – 10, 2015 (Literacy Camp Training in Prince Albert); July 13 (Set Up for Fort Qu’Appelle Camp); July 14 – 24 (Fort Qu’Appelle Summer Literacy Camp); July 27 (Set Up for Balcarres Camp); July 28 – August 7 (Balcarres Summer Literacy Camp *No camp on August 3 – Civic Holiday); all camps are Monday – Friday
The successful applicant will hold a grade 12 diploma or equivalent, post-secondary education from a recognized institution, knowledge of First Nations communities and culture and a valid driver’s license. The Camp Counsellors will work as a small, independent team to deliver a diverse array of indoor and outdoor literacy-based camp activities in a safe, caring and fun-filled environment for children 5 to 12 years of age. Counsellors must be prepared to demonstrate initiative and creativity to engage the community, and involve parents, elders and other community members in the camp curriculum. Camp staff work very closely as a team and report directly to the Summer Literacy Camp Director.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Day-to-day planning & organizing of camp activities
- Ensuring the safety and well-being of all camp participants during camp hours
- Establishing and maintaining good relationships with families
- Maintaining accurate camp records as required
- Ensuring that all camp documentation is maintained, and reported, as required
- Ensuring adherence to all program directives and guidelines
- Attend and participate in all camp orientation, training and evaluation sessions
- Other duties as assigned
Please note: Training is mandatory and all staff must attend the session July 6 to July 10, 2015 in Prince Albert. All expenses will be covered.
The wage for this position is $16/hour. Prairie Valley School Division supports the principles of a representative workforce and welcomes applications from all qualified candidates.
For more information about this position, please contact Kim Kinnear, Superintendent of Education at 306-949-6358. Interested applicants should complete an application online at www.pvsd.ca by 4:00 p.m. on May 29, 2015.
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Regina, SK, CA
Posted on: 2015-05-23