OverviewPostmaster – Corporate Provided Premises (Grade Office) in Taylor, BC
Branch Taylor BC CA
Postmaster – Corporate Provided Premises (Grade Office)
interacting with the public in a retail and/or service environment, including sales and cash transactions • Knowledge of regulations, methods and procedures for…
Take on the responsibility of a community leader with Canada Post. The Postmaster, reporting to the Superintendent/Local Area Manager, is responsible for promoting and selling postal products and services to the public and businesses in the community. As Postmaster, you will be the face of the Post Office in your community service area, supervising staff and ensuring that Canada Post demonstrates an energetic customer focus and commitment to the community in an environment of multiple priorities.
The successful candidate will:
• Liaise with the local community with respect to Canada Post service and products
• Sell and promote postal products and services to the public and businesses
• Administer the post office to meet retail hours of operation and delivery expectations
• Manage postal revenue, assets and values
• Maintain records and prepare reports
• Supervise staff, as well as train and assess performance
• Assist with effective management of mail delivery routes
Job requirements (Education and Work experience):
• High School Diploma, or provincial equivalency and/or experience in business administration
• Experience leading and directing teams
• Experience interacting with the public in a retail and/or service environment, including sales and cash transactions
• Knowledge of regulations, methods and procedures for processing mail and providing postal services
• Physically fit to lift mail containers of up to 30 kg, push or pull boxes, and sorting mail and standing for extended periods of time
As part of the selection process selected candidates will be required to complete a security screening process
Our Leadership Behaviours and Corporate Values:
Decision Making – A champion of the organization who takes calculated risks and makes prudent, common sense decisions about current issues, future opportunities and resource requirements in a timely, well thought out manner, that aligns with the corporation’s best interests.
Accountability – An individual who strives for performance excellence and who holds him/herself and direct reports accountable for decisions and actions and for learning from mistakes when intended results are not achieved.
Business Orientation – A proactive individual who understands the competitive nature of the business, and is committed to sustaining the business through excellent customer service and new business opportunities.
Execution – A focused and self motivated individual who acts with a sense of urgency and delivers on time and within budget, by dealing effectively with challenges and ambiguous situations.
Leading People – A compelling communicator and leader who engages, motivates and inspires others to achieve results and who encourages personal growth and finding better ways of doing things.
Other information about this job:
To be considered for this position, you must:
• Be able to manage the post office to meet retail hours of operation and delivery expectations.
• Be physically fit and able to lift mail containers weighing up to 30 kg, push or pull boxes, sort mail and stand for extended periods of time.
• The hours of service to the public will be determined by Canada Post and are subject to change under varying circumstances.
Canada Post offers:
A total compensation package
• Competitive salary
• Annual incentive program
• Comprehensive individual and family benefits coverage
• Vacation and leave options
• Defined benefit pension plan
A strong community of employees
• Our employees drive innovation and ensure that our business continues to evolve to meet our customers’ changing needs
The satisfaction of a job well done
• You’ll be part of a winning team that touches the lives of millions
Careers that deliver:
If you’re ready to make a difference and discover your full potential, Canada Post delivers a variety of exciting and challenging career opportunities across the country. As one of Canada’s top employers and best corporate citizens, we’re committed to attracting, retaining and developing a winning team to meet the evolving needs of Canadians and secure our future.
Canada Post is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities.
The Conflict of Interest Policy prohibits employees from hiring, supervising or reporting to, directly or indirectly via the reporting hierarchy, their immediate family or close personal relations. Should you feel that you may be in an actual or potential Conflict of Interest in regard to this job opportunity, you must communicate with the designated Human Resources representative.
If you are contacted by Canada Post regarding a job opportunity or testing, please advise if you require accommodation.
Your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the requirements as Canada Post cannot make assumptions about your education and experience.
We thank all those who apply. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Taylor, BC, CA
Posted on: 2014-09-13