Pleasant Solutions Inc Web Designer / Graphic Designer (Exciting opportunity with great variety) Full Time in Edmonton, AB
Pleasant Solutions Inc
Branch Edmonton AB CA
Web Designer / Graphic Designer (Exciting opportunity with great variety)
Gain further valuable career experience in the newest design areas (web, mobile, tablet, responsive design, etc)….
Not your everyday designer position. Challenging with great variety, yet friendly and calm: a job you will look forward to every day. Work with intelligent people in an exciting environment where every month is different.
- Full time web and graphic designer .
- Part time positions during office-hours and part time specialist positions (such as a photographer or video animator) will also be considered.
- We are also hiring for other positions (UX designer, front-end developer, general developer, marketing project manager, software tester, business analyst, technical-project manager, administration). If you know someone in any of these areas, please do them a quick and friendly favour by letting them know about this posting.
- Full time and permanent.
- Flexible hours (for example: choose to start your day between 6am and 10am, work late some days and shorter on others).
- Opportunities to lead both the creative design phase and the production phase.
- Gain further experience with both small and large projects.
- Does not involve an endless, boring, stream of business card templates or working on one type of thing over and over again.
- Generally, you will get the variety of three types of work , as listed below, with an overall emphasis on web/online media rather than traditional media.
- First is creative concept ideation for 5+ in-house brands including Pleasant Solutions itself and our main products. Not only creating the initial styles but also perfecting the materials over the long-term. Involvement with everything from the website to the brochures, from signage to the interior decorating of the office.
- Second is production design for our in-house brands.
- Third is design and consulting for clients , typically as add-ons to the technical projects our programmers do for clients. Some of these are short-term projects such as redesigning homepages or designing the look of a mobile application using Photoshop, and others are entire from-scratch branding projects related to commercializing software or building of templates that can be used for many clients.
- Collaborate with our user experience (UX) designers.
- Gain further valuable career experience in the newest design areas (web, mobile, tablet, responsive design, etc).
- Gain experience with many beneficial workflow systems (issue trackers, version control using SVN, etc).
- Rarely requires meeting with a client for those of you who prefer not to.
- Environment allows for some privacy at your workstation as well as time to concentration without distractions when you need it.
- Although some projects simply need to be done in a short timeframe, many will instead be focused on achieving noticeably remarkable and portfolio-worthy results .
- High end equipment to work with (dual monitors with a 30” monitor, pen tablets, whatever keyboard or mouse you want us to buy, etc).
- Very strong aesthetic sensibilities.
- A deep appreciation for usability and how designs affect usability.
- Excellent communication skills, with English fluency.
- Passionate about design and very good at it.
- Get deeply involved with challenges and will persevere at length to achieve victory.
- Takes pride in work.
- No specific requirements for formal education or industry experience. We evaluate each applicant based on merit rather than formalities and we accept that some candidates might be new to a couple of the areas we have mentioned.
Nice To Have:
- Ability to see opportunities for improvement everywhere.
- Experience with graphic design for web applications.
About The Work Environment:
- Friendly , non-threatening, and non-political environment.
- Mid-sized company but retaining the speed and flexibility of a smaller company.
- We are a great environment for both outgoing people and those who are very shy and introverted (applicable to non-client facing positions).
- We strive to have every employee sitting near a window for natural light and to have plenty of plants throughout the office; we care about employee health.
- Free onsite massage therapy.
- Private nap rooms for isolated thinking time or for taking a nap if you didn’t sleep well last night.
- Atrium to enjoy the sun during lunch.
- Social events worth remembering (fencing competitions, curling, video game or board game parties, coding competitions, commando combat training, robotics club coming soon, etc).
- An example of our culture: Lunch together is in a very comfy sofa room, and even the quiet types are comfortable there.
- Unlimited access to pillage our kitchens for caffeine, sugar, healthy snacks, soups, and more : )
- Additional perks that are cost-shared like motorized sit-stand desks.
- Task focused: everyone in the company heavily uses centralized to-do lists to stay organized, prioritize, and coordinate.
- Fast paced
- Consistent work/life balance: mandatory overtime is very rare.
About The Company:
- Pleasant Solutions is a dynamic company headquartered in Edmonton, a large satellite office in Toronto/Vancouver, and small satellite offices across Canada and the USA (including in Calgary, Ottawa, Saskatoon, New York, Denver, Boston, etc)
- Silicon Valley kind of excitement and growth potential.
- Fast growth : One of the 200 fastest growing technology companies in North America with 955% growth over 5 years (based on growth rates in published rankings of the 2014 Profit 500 and 2013 Deloitte Technology Fast 500). Canadian Profit Guide ranked us #88 out of 500 for fast growth in Canada, announced in Sept 2015.
- Stable and well diversified .
- Full of smart and passionate people whom you can learn from.
- Very low employee turn-over rate, attesting to the value of working here.
- We do a mix of in-house product development, software development services, and IT services. For consulting, we build both large and small custom software for clients who need an internal system or are commercializing an idea. Our in-house products include the high-security Pleasant Password Server, an innovative tool that lets non-technical people build their own web applications using spreadsheets, an event ticketing system, and other business software.
- An innovative software producer with an aim of achieving results in creative ways.
- We develop high quality software you will take pride in. Our company name says it all.
- Socially conscious (for example, we pay for employees to sponsor hundreds of WorldVision children).
- What do you have to lose by exploring the possibility? Applying does not take long and we keep your application confidential (never disclosed to existing employer).
- Apply online today at https://careers.pleasantsolutions.com
- Important: Applications sent through the Indeed “Apply Now” button will be discarded. Please use only our careers website to apply.
- Even if you don’t have your resume updated or ready to go, apply anyways, we want to hear from you!
- Please do not apply via email, use only the https://careers.pleasantsolutions.com link to apply.
- graphic design
- graphic designer
- web design
- web designer
- web developer
- graphic artist
- marketing graphic designer
- creative designer
- creative director
- multimedia designer
- interactive designer
- web interface designer
- user interface designer
- user experience designer
- UI designer
- UX designer
- Concept designer
- Production artist
- Junior graphic designer
- Intermediate graphic designer
- Senior graphic designer
- Junior web designer
- Intermediate web designer
- Senior web designer
- Video animator
- Video animation
- graphic designs
- graphic designers
- web designs
- web designers
- web developers
- graphic artists
- marketing graphic designers
- creative designers
- creative directors
- multimedia designers
- interactive designers
- web interface designers
- user interface designers
- user experience designers
- UI designers
- UX designers
- Concept designers
- Production artists
- Junior graphic designers
- Intermediate graphic designers
- Senior graphic designers
- Junior web designers
- Intermediate web designers
- Senior web designers
- Video animators
- Video animations
Job Type: Full-time