OverviewPleasant Manor and Tabor Manor Human Resources Manager (Full-Time) Job Posting #1177 Contract in St. Catharines, ON
Pleasant Manor and Tabor Manor
Branch St. Catharines ON CA
Human Resources Manager (Full-Time) Job Posting #1177
St. Catharines, ON
5-7 years working in a human resources department. University degree or college equivalent in Business / Human Resources….
A thirty‐seven and one half hour (37.5) per week full‐time Human Resources Manager position will come into effect as soon as a suitable candidate has been determined. Reporting to the Director of Finance, this non‐union salary position leads the team responsible for recruitment & selection, training & development, health & safety, leaves management, employee relations, scheduling and payroll processing. The Human Resources Manager supports the Director of Finance managing Human Resources and Payroll staff, implementing new initiatives, and delivering reporting on established metrics for Pleasant Manor and Tabor Manor.
This posting has been posted on the bulletin boards of Pleasant Manor and Tabor Manor, in the bulletins of participating local Mennonite Churches as well as on the Indeed website.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participate in the recruitment and selection processes.
- Responsible for the onboarding process for all new employees, and the tracking of employee mandatory training.
- Coordinate the Health & Safety programs including participation in the Joint Health & Safety Committee (JHSC).
- Manage leave tracking including incidents, non-compensable, compensable claims and LTD claims.
- Participate in Labour Management meetings and collective bargaining.
- Oversee scheduling and payroll processes.
- Deliver reports on established metrics.
- Other duties, as assigned by the Director of Finance.
- University degree or college equivalent in Business / Human Resources.
- 5-7 years working in a human resources department
- 1-3 years supervisory experience
- CHRP/CHRL or in progress preferred
- Experience mentoring human resources staff is an asset
- Experience with change management is an asset
- Experience working in a unionized environment is an asset
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills – both oral and written
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality at all times
- Sensitivity to the unique ethnic and faith community
Pleasant Manor and Tabor Manor pride ourselves on our ability to really live our Mission of Excellence, Love and Dignity, both with residents and staff. We provide a work environment where teamwork, staff involvement and personal development are essential for success. Our staff, leadership, and Board are progressive thinkers and supportive of each other. We offer competitive benefits, excellent challenges, and opportunities.
WHERE TO APPLY
To submit your application, please follow the link below:
Alternatively, you can also visit www.pleasantmanor.net OR www.tabormanor.net. Once you have entered the site, please click on the tab titled “Employment”, then click on the hyperlink titled “Qandidate” and select:
Please submit your application no later than Tuesday February 21, 2017 at noon . Submissions after this deadline will not be accepted.
“Pleasant Manor and Tabor Manor welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If you require an accommodation during the job application or interview process, please contact Human Resources by e-mail at [email protected] or by phone at (905) 934-2548. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.”
While we thank each applicant for applying, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Employment Type: Freelance
Location: Saint Catharines, ON, CA
Posted on: 2017-02-10