OverviewPivot Legal Society Communications and Digital Engagement Coordinator Contract in Lower Mainland, BC
Pivot Legal Society
Branch Lower Mainland BC CA
Communications and Digital Engagement Coordinator
Lower Mainland, BC
Strong written communications skills and experience writing for multiple audiences and platforms. In partnership with affected communities, Pivot takes on…
Pivot is looking for a Communications and Digital
Pivot’s mandate is to use the law to address the root causes of poverty and social exclusion. In partnership with affected communities, Pivot takes on strategic legal actions and law reform campaigns that have the potential to create systematic change. Pivot is a highly collaborative organization. We strive to recruit team members from diverse backgrounds and with a wide-range of life experiences.
You are passionate about social justice and have a minimum of two years of experience as a communications and digital engagement professional. You want to bring your skills to a highly collaborative, face-paced organization where everyday brings new challenges and opportunities to learn and grow. You are a creative problem-solver who can think big without losing sight of the details and you’re not afraid of tight deadlines. You enjoy working with new technology and are comfortable collaborating with lawyers and with marginalized people.
About the Role
The Communications and Digital Engagement Coordinator is responsible for the maintenance of communications channels and for executing communications strategies for the organization. This is a full time, one-year contract with possibility of renewal. Our ideal candidate is a cooperative self-starter with excellent interpersonal skills who also brings:
- Strong written communications skills and experience writing for multiple audiences and platforms
- Experience maintaining websites and email lists, and databases, including experience working in NationBuilder
- A track record of successfully growing online communities and executing high-impact digital advocacy and fundraising campaigns
- Experience managing and coordinating media calls and press events
- Strong project management skills
- Experience with Google analytics and other digital tracking tools
- Basic graphic design, photography, and audio/video editing skills are a significant asset
Specific duties include:
- Working with campaign and development staff to draft blog posts, emails, fundraising materials, and other digital and print content
- Managing Pivot’s email distribution lists, website, and social media platforms
- Coordinating with designers, videographers, photographers, and other creative professionals to develop digital and print assets for the organization
- Developing press materials, including news releases, backgrounders and other collateral as needed and managing media requests and distribution lists
- Managing Pivot’s email lists and social media platforms while growing our online community
- Tracking website analytics and reporting on trends
Starting salary for this role is between $45,000 and $50,000 commensurate with experience. Pivot offers a competitive vacation and benefits package.
Pivot is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage candidates from diverse backgrounds to apply. Interested applicants should address their cover letter and resume to Darcie Bennett.
Application deadline: Monday Nov. 14, 2016, 5:00pm (PST)
Employment Type: Freelance
Location: Suquamish, WA, US
Posted on: 2016-10-31