OverviewPinnacle Renewable Energy Terminal Operations, Safety and Administration Officer Full Time in Prince Rupert, BC
Pinnacle Renewable Energy
Branch Prince Rupert BC CA
Terminal Operations, Safety and Administration Officer
Prince Rupert, BC
Keeps DATS records for events including first aid records, investigations and owning safety conversations and assist the terminal manager during incident…
The TSSO is responsible for assisting in efficient management of the Westview Port Terminal in Prince Rupert, BC. This includes general operations & administration, safety management and team management all while living the PRE values and leading a culture of teamwork and collaboration.
Team & Leadership – 25%
- Assists with the daily dispatch and in conjunction with the Terminal Manager, plans out daily shift requirements.
- Communicates the daily operational requirements to the foreperson, who distributes the duties to the local workforce members.
- Compiles data and information for the management team to utilize in the ongoing “Adaptive management Plan” in regards to environment, community and safety, as directed by management.
- Maintains the records for the site Security Plan.
- Work weekends and afternoon shifts on rotation with the Terminal Manager, and provide vacation relief to the Terminal Manager.
Owning Safety – 30%
- As the onsite Safety officer, sets an example and provides leadership for Pinnacle’s Value of Owning Safety and the overall Safety program onsite under the direction of the Corporate OH&S Officer.
- Actively participates in Owning Safety programs including the use of DATS for recording safety conversations, observations and training.
- Coordinates and completes safety audits as mandated by the Pinnacle OH&S department.
- Coordinates and ensures participation and completion of Terminal Safety Drills .
- Continue to develop our Hazard assessment for Assurance of Voluntary Compliance
- Work closely with the terminal manager to develop and manage safety checklist for variety of terminal functions (ex. fire system).
- Recommend ideas for weekly safety/environmental themes (safety moment).
- Create spreadsheets to track hazard trends on the property and work with terminal management to resolve update industry bulletins as they come up, keeping the board up to date.
- Ensures monthly safety priorities from safety meeting are addresses and followed up.
- Develops and maintains JSA & Standard Operating Procedures.
- Liaises with third party contractors to ensure that all contractor safety documentation is filed onsite and in good order.
- Maintain staff safety documentation, ensuring it is complete and training documents are up to date.
- Keeps DATS records for events including first aid records, investigations and owning safety conversations and assist the terminal manager during incident investigations.
- Ensures all staff on site are 100% compliant with their DATS program
- Participates in monthly safety tour.
- Prepare the minutes and the monthly safety report.
General Operations & Administration – 45%
- Manages the Purchase Order (Aziir) system for the terminal, clearing the approval process, receiving the invoices and following up with suppliers when required – in conjunction with the AP Clerk.
- Manages the Work Order system, in conjunction with the maintenance foreman, to ensure the Preventative Maintenance and Maintenance program is up to date.
- Provides administrative support services, ensuring correspondence, appointments and administrative services are handled efficiently. This includes data entry/ filing of the daily safety minutes, timesheets, daily payroll & PO System.
- Responsible for the “Green Marine Program” which involves monitoring the Terminal’s Environmental Footprint rthrough collection of information and data and the cost effective coordination of third party annual audit process.
- Understands the “Green marine requirements” and continually looks for ways to recommend how to continue to raise the bar in environmental requirements as per the program.
- Maintain documentation files for, but not limited to, shipping, safety, training, all work permits (Hot, Confined Space, Energy).
- Prepares and delivers the daily Rail Recap Report to key stakeholders (management, Finance, CN).
- Updates the HMI to ensure that the rail data is entered in the system.
- Gathers and maintains statistical information from rail, shipping, loading and terminal operations and provides data regarding marine traffic activities to the management and finance teams. This includes the production of daily and periodic reports.o
- Completes & communicates the daily vessel report to support agents, surveyors or others as required.
- Lead automation and continuous improvement of reporting & forms that would include fillable PDF’s, Rail and YIT exporting sheets.
- Support the maintenance foreperson in developing a Preventative Maintenance and spare part inventory list and identify key areas for improvement.
- Produces and communicates the weekly rail recap report.
- Ensure all confidential correspondence (emails, letters, contracts, etc.), adaptive management plans hot wash minutes, submissions are handled professionally and efficiently.
- Maintains positive public relations by welcoming and greeting callers, both in person and on the phone. Ensures the required information is received or directs to the appropriate person.
- Assists in maintaining an organized office and filing system and coordinates all filing of correspondence pertinent to this office. Ensure office is maintained and supplies stocked up. Any and all misc. duties required to support the terminal.
Minimum Requirements (Experience, Education, Qualifications, Skills, Abilities)
- 5 years progressive Operations experience, preferably in a port or marine environment.
- Completed post-secondary education in Terminal Management and/or Occupational Health and Safety is an asset.
- Experience leading a high performing hourly team.
- Mechanically inclined able to read and understand mechanical drawings and blueprints
- Experience supporting a Safety program in a safety sensitive environment an asset.
- Strong MS Office skills (Excel, Outlook), data entry and general administration skills.
- Demonstrated ability to deal effectively with others in a diverse environment.
- Proven commitment to Owning Safety, both personally and through positive influence on all stakeholders.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects at one time.
- Effective business systems thinker and a good understanding of business process knowledge.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Prince Rupert, BC, CA
Posted on: 2018-04-05