OverviewPictou County Health Authority Infection Control Practitioner Full Time in New Glasgow, NS
Pictou County Health Authority
Branch New Glasgow NS CA
Infection Control Practitioner
New Glasgow, NS
The ICP is responsible for facilitating a comprehensive and effective surveillance, prevention and control program to ensure quality care….
The Infection Control Practitioner (ICP) plans, organizes, directs and evaluates the Infection Control Program for the Health Authority. The Infection Control Practitioner provides leadership, knowledge, and guidance in epidemiology and infection prevention and control in PCHA and to other facilities/organizations. The ICP is responsible for facilitating a comprehensive and effective surveillance, prevention and control program to ensure quality care. The ICP manages critical data and information and application of epidemiological principles to improve patient outcomes. Assumes a leadership role within the interdisciplinary team to achieve annual goal setting, program evaluation and to ensure the Health Authority is meeting legislated standards and compliance monitoring for all regulatory agencies.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing or related health care field and eligibility for registration
- Successful completion of an Infection Prevention and Control Canada (IPACC) recognized Infection Control Education program required
- Must achieve certification with the Board of Infection Control & Epidemiology within (2) years.
- Three (3) to Five (5) years related experience delivering an Infection Control Program considered an asset.
- Demonstrated competency in program development and delivery required.
- Strong leadership, communication, organizational, teaching and counseling.
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively in a multidisciplinary team setting.
- Demonstrated capacity to work within and be familiar with the public health sector would be an asset.
- Well-developed computer skills and experience with Microsoft Office software applications, experience with presentation and facilitation skills required.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered
- Certification in Infection Control during Construction or Renovation of Health Care Facilities would be an asset.
- Core Competencies :
- Demonstrated record of achievement with customer service.
- Demonstrated leadership and communication skills consistent with PCHA’s mission, vision and values and the ability to motivate and engage others to achieve desired outcomes.
- Effective time management and organizational skills necessary to meet the demands of multiple stakeholders in a timely and effective manner. Adaptable, resourceful and flexible to change while meeting multiple demands and priorities.
- Planning, organization and prioritization skills with demonstrated evidence of critical thinking, problem solving and analytical processing ability.
- Self-motivated, flexible and has the ability to work independently, with strong ethical standards.
- Commits to professional development and life long learning for self and others.
- Development and maintenance of good interpersonal relationships with all employees reflecting client focus in forming partnerships with other stakeholders to meet client needs.
- Adaptability and flexibility to facilitate change while meeting multiple demands and priorities of a challenging position and workload.
- The demonstrated ability to create databases for improved decision making, departmentally and organizationally.
Salary Classification: RN-9 (Nova Scotia Nurses Union Position)
The deadline for submitting applications is 12:00 p.m., Monday, February 2, 2015. For additional information please visit our website: www.pcha.nshealth.ca . To explore this employment opportunity further, please forward your resume and cover letter quoting competition number to:
Pictou County Health Authority
835 East River Road
New Glasgow, Nova Scotia
Fax: (902) 928-0196
Email: [email protected]
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Pictou County Health Authority is committed to providing quality care and services by establishing a qualified workforce that reflects the diverse population we serve. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: New Glasgow, NS, CA
Posted on: 2015-01-24