OverviewPictou County Health Authority EIBI Clinical Interventionist Part Time in New Glasgow, NS
Pictou County Health Authority
Branch New Glasgow NS CA
EIBI Clinical Interventionist
New Glasgow, NS
Mental Health & Addictions Services Location:. Providing intensive behavioural intervention services with children and their families;…
Job ID: NSHA-F17/6187
Job Title: EIBI Clinical Interventionist
DeptID: Mental Health & Addictions Services Location: Community Health Center, Pictou County
Open Date: February 6, 2017
Close Date: February 22, 2017
Applications are accepted until 12:00 p.m. (Noon) on the Closing Date
The Nova Scotia Health Authority is the largest provider of health services in Nova Scotia. We are over 22,000 employees who provide health care and support services in hospitals, health centres and community-based programs throughout Nova Scotia.
The EIBI Clinical Interventionist reports to the northern zone Manager, Mental Health and Addictions and provides direct supervision to EIBI Autism Support Workers. The position is responsible for the development and coordination of EIBI treatment programs for pre-school age children with Autistic Spectrum Disorder (ASD) and their families. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: ongoing monitoring of outcome measures; adapting and revising treatment plans; maintaining appropriate documentation; providing leadership, supervision and support to EIBI Program Implementers; providing intensive behavioural intervention services with children and their families; monitoring practice standards of EIBI Program Implementers; maintaining quality control standards; completion of training and program evaluation.
• Masters degree in Clinical Psychology, School Psychology, Occupational Therapy, or Speech-Language Pathology, required.
• Registered, or eligible for registration, with the appropriate professional body in Nova Scotia required.
• Masters level training with Board Certified Behaviour Analysis Certificate will be considered.
• Experience working with young children (0-5 years old) with ASD required.
• Demonstrated knowledge of best practices in treatment of young children with ASD required.
• Demonstrated ability to design, implement and monitor psychological programming to promote skill development to enhance social-emotional functioning required.
• Demonstrated ability to work as part of a collaborative, multi-disciplinary team in a variety of settings; ability to work independently with minimal supervision required.
• Demonstrates excellence in supervision of treatment by others required.
• Hold a valid minimum Class 5 Nova Scotia driver’s license and reliable transportation required.
• Competencies in other languages an asset; French and/or Arabic preferred.
* Competencies in other languages an asset, French preferred
* Successful Applicants are required to provide a criminal record check (including Vulnerable Sector Search) to People Services before starting employment and assume any associated costs as a condition of employment
Hours of Work
Regular Part Time (0.5 FTE)
$32.6358 – $44.4043 (hourly)
Thank you for your interest in this position. Only those Applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
This is a CUPE Healthcare – Healthcare Bargaining unit position. Preference is given to bargaining unit employees for u nionized positions. To explore this employment opportunity further, please forward your resume and cover letter quoting Job ID number to:
835 East River Road
New Glasgow, Nova Scotia
Fax: (902) 928-0196
Email: [email protected]
Posted: February 6, 2017
Employment Type: Part Time
Location: New Glasgow, NS, CA
Posted on: 2017-02-10