OverviewPhoenix Society Supportive Housing Case Worker Full Time in Lower Mainland, BC
Branch Lower Mainland BC CA
Supportive Housing Case Worker
Lower Mainland, BC
Collaborative and productive team work on an integrated services team. Outstanding ability to work collaboratively and productively with an integrated addiction…
Phoenix Drug and Alcohol Recovery and Education Society is seeking applications from qualified individuals for the full time afternoon shift position of Supportive Housing Case Worker in its post-treatment supportive housing programs.
Staff selected will want to work within a team oriented, client-centred, strengths-based, recovery-focused and hope-inspiring model that provides wrap-around resources and supports to facilitate a person’s return to active participation in the social and economic life of the community. This position works in an integrated addiction services team relationship with addiction counsellors, employment counsellors, housing case workers and other helping professionals on and off site.
- case management of assigned case load of supportive housing residents
- forms effective collaborative relationships of accountability on actions plans with residents for the purpose of facilitating resident’s success in a performance-based post-treatment transitional housing program in the areas of education, employment, recovery, volunteer participation and independent living
- actively involves the resident in action planning and encourages the resident to take responsibility for the outcomes he or she is striving to achieve
- closely monitors residents for situational or other stressors, subtle changes in motivation that indicate elevated risk; acts proactively to check in; intervenes early when lack of accountability occurs
- ongoing assessment, identification, and prioritization of residents’ needs
- actively engages, facilitates, supports, empowers and increases residents’ motivation for change; intervening when ineffective behaviours occur
- closely monitors and documents residents’ progress, maintains and updates client case management files through database system
- facilitates support groups and workshops for supportive housing residents in a post treatment program that are motivational and psychoeducational in nature
- medication administration using blister packs and MARS in a Medication Administration System, including administration of methadose/suboxone
- collaborative and productive team work on an integrated services team
- community building – acting as a positive role model demonstrating effective interpersonal and communication skills
- quality assurance, ensuring that program regulations, policies and procedures are followed
- Academic : Position requires a minimum of 2 year post-secondary education and training relevant to the addiction treatment field
- English : fluent and able to effectively communicate professionally, orally and written in English.
- Experience: Preference will be given to those with a minimum of 2 years’ experience in the addiction services field within a community setting, with demonstrated success in assisting men and women affected by substance misuse, concurrent disorders, unemployment, lack of education, criminal justice involvement, homelessness and poverty related issues to become successful.
- Satisfactory Tuberculosis Screening Certificate : current negative test certification (within the last year)
- First Aid Certificate with CPR : current certification
- Satisfactory Criminal Record Check Review – through the Ministry of Public Safety and Solicitor General Criminal Records Review Program
- Relationship Skills: demonstrated ability to form effective collaborative relationships of accountability with residents for the purpose of facilitating resident’s success in a performance-based housing program; demonstrated ability to perceive situational or other stressors, subtle changes in motivation that elevate risk, and act proactively to check in and bring the resident back on track toward their goals using appropriate strategies, prioritizing issues, establishing manageable time frames and targets for success.
- Client centered change : demonstrated ability to engage, facilitate, support, empower and increase residents’ motivation for change, actively involving the resident in the change process and encouraging the resident to take responsibility for the outcomes he or she achieves
- Group Facilitation: demonstrated ability to engage and involve adults in learning activities.
- Adaptability/Flexibility: demonstrated ability to adjust one’s approach to meet the demands and needs of constantly changing conditions, situations and people and to work effectively in difficult or ambiguous situations
- Case Management : demonstrated knowledge of case management processes and procedures; trained and experienced in professional record keeping, report writing and statistics.
- Team Work: outstanding ability to work collaboratively and productively with an integrated addiction services team
- Analytical Thinking and Decision Making – demonstrates analytical thinking and decision making, and exercises sound judgment
- Medication Administration: experienced in administering medication using a Medication Administration System.
- Customer Support Skills and Experience: Outstanding at greeting the public and customer support.
- Computer: proficient in MS Windows, Word, Excel, email, internet and database management.
- Quality Assurance and Quality Improvement : experience preferred; willingness to learn and participate is crucial.
- Multi-tasking: superior ability to multi-task.
- Sensitivity: appreciative of and sensitive to a culturally diverse work setting
- Feedback: ability to give and accept feedback constructively.
- Innovation : flexible, creative, curious, motivated to learn, grow and adapt to change.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Suquamish, WA, US
Posted on: 2016-05-20