OverviewPhoenix Petroleum Safety Supervisor-Regina Full Time in Regina, SK
Branch Regina SK CA
Professional, approachable and excellent customer service skills. Communicate and maintain provincial notification and insurance requirements….
Phoenix Petroleum Ltd. is currently seeking talented individuals interested in Safety Supervisor positions with our well established and fast-growing company. Phoenix Petroleum Ltd. is a national leader and innovator that caters to the downstream petroleum industry. The company offers high quality petroleum service and construction to downstream facilities including: re
tail facilities, commercial/industrial facilities and aviation fueling sites. Phoenix Petroleum Ltd. prides itself on quality and excellence. Striving to understand the client’s problems better than they do. Phoenix provides its clients 360 solutions that include designing, building and managing petroleum sites.
Why work with us:
The Phoenix team has a reputation for safe, high quality work and professionalism. We offer competitive compensation and benefits, including matching contribution Retirement Savings Plan, rewards and recognition programs and growth opportunities .
Critical to our success is that every team member is aligned with Phoenix core values. At Phoenix we ‘do whatever it takes’ …
- Above & beyond – Do what it takes to safely deliver on commitments
- Accountable – No excuses. We find the right solution
- Authentic – Honest and genuine
- Adaptable – Flexible & willing to work together to accomplish more
- Appreciative – Give back to our communities
Sound like you? If you have the skills, knowledge, willingness and ability to travel to various sites, we offer an exciting, challenging opportunity.
Locations: Nanaimo, Vancouver, Edmonton, Regina, Winnipeg, Toronto, Sarnia, Ottawa, Dartmouth
At Phoenix, the Safety Supervisor is responsible for conducting safety audits/inspections, incident investigation and analysis, safety training, safety reporting, internal/external safety communications and meeting client requirements with regards to safety. The incumbent is accountable for the following:
- Organize and conduct safety training – ensure training records are updated
- Develop additional training programs as defined
- Incident investigation, management and prevention
- First response and corrective action
- Conduct safety audits
- Safety reporting
- Review near misses and develop associated safety training
- Safety monitoring and coaching
- Develop weekly safety meeting agenda for Site Supervisors
- Follow up
- Conduct dedicated client loss prevention observations
- Communicate and maintain provincial notification and insurance requirements
- Update manual and safety booklet
- Sourcing safety related equipment and site requirements
- Act as a liaison between managers and the field staff to answer any questions or concerns
- Ensure awareness, engagement and compliance of employees and managers
- Effectively communicate and coordinate safety issues/ dialogues with government agencies, medical representatives etc.
- Complete required safety training
- Health and Safety knowledge in the industrial and/or construction field
- Professional, approachable and excellent customer service skills
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude
- Attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to engage and influence individuals
- Strong organizational and multitasking abilities
- Computer skills; Word, Excel etc.
- Willingness to travel
- Appropriate training and competency to perform safety watch duties as defined by Owner’s Safety Management System. (Safety Watch personnel will be classified as follows, prior to work: Safety Watch – Class A, Safety Watch – Class B, Safety Watch – Class C )
- Related University or college degree an asset
- 2+ year related industry experience
- Certification in safety-related discipline (ie. NBCSA – HAS, CSC) or equivalent related safety experience desired.
- CSID is considered an asset
- Train the trainer certification an asset
- Valid driver’s license
Interested applicants are invited to apply now. For more information on Phoenix Petroleum please visit our website at www.phoenixpetro.ca
We thank all applicants for your interest in Phoenix Petroleum Ltd.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Regina, SK, CA
Posted on: 2016-05-19