OverviewPhoenix Human Services Association Community Living Support Worker Part Time in Victoria, BC
Phoenix Human Services Association
Branch Victoria BC CA
Community Living Support Worker
Direct program delivery experience in community social services sector with a demonstrated working knowledge of community supports and government programs….
for Adults with a Disability
Job Summary: Ensure the wellbeing of the participants in the program and promote their skill acquisition, development, and success in community living.
Wage/Salary: $ 17.93 per hour (includes 9.8 % in lieu of vacation and statutory holidays, as per collective agreement)
Location: Victoria ( C.A.T.S . Day Program, Stormont, and Extensions)
Hours of Work: Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m . – 3:00 p.m .
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan, organize, and implement recreational, social, and/or educational activities and programs designed to meet the needs of the participant.
- Identify community resources that will support the needs of the participant (Individual Service Plan).
- Maintain written reports regarding participants’ daily activities and progress.
- Provide a high level of personal care.
- Provide a high level of behavioural support.
Education, Training and Experience:
A diploma in human services or a related field, or the equivalent combination of education and direct work experience.
- One year previous work experience is required.
- Demonstrated direct experience in working with adults with a disability in a community living setting.
- Direct program delivery experience in community social services sector with a demonstrated working knowledge of community supports and government programs.
- Good written and verbal reporting skills.
- Knowledge of theory, principles, and practices of community living.
- Emergency, Standard or Level 1 Occupational First Aid
- A moderate to high level of physical fitness, as there is physical support required.
- A valid driver’s license is required.
How to Apply: Apply with cover letter and résumé to Donna Washington,
email [email protected] , or by fax to
250 370-5010; Posting #570-092215-6.
This position is open to both female and male applicants and requires union membership.
Employment Type: Part Time
Location: Victoria, BC, CA
Posted on: 2015-09-22