OverviewPharmacy Technician in Barrhead, AB
Alberta Health Services
Branch Barrhead AB CA
and processing pharmaceutical orders from wholesalers… equipment, unit dose packaging equipment, pharmaceutical compounding equipment. – Must be able to sit…
This position supports the packaging and checking of medications dispensed out of our regional Pharmacy Production Centre. This position may also be responsible for providing technical assistance in all areas of drug distribution including IV admixture preparation, individual prescriptions, unit dose, ward stock and manufacturing specialty products, remote order entry and remote verification. Other duties may include keeping records of narcotics control and ward drugs, assisting in inventory control and purchasing, preparing statistics, and preparing financial records. This position is responsible for final product checking upon completion of the department certification process.
– Graduate of a recognized Pharmacy Technician program.
– Proof of active registration as a Pharmacy Technician with Alberta College of Pharmacist required.
– Recent experience within hospital pharmacy preferred.
– Experience with computer medication order entry, IV admixture and unit dose drug distribution an asset.
– Experience with Automed Fastpak EXP would be an asset.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
– Fluency in the English language (written and verbal).
– Computer and Keyboarding skills are necessary – Typing (40 words per minute desired).
– Extensive knowledge of Meditech and inventory related functions.
– Previous experience ordering, maintaining, and processing pharmaceutical orders from wholesalers and direct suppliers.
– Previous experience maintaining inventory levels, transferring of medications, HPT 3rd Party billing.
– Familiarity and developed skill set of Oracle.
– Familiarity with operation of various office equipment, unit dose packaging equipment, pharmaceutical compounding equipment.
– Must be able to sit, stand, and walk for extended periods of time. Some lifting is required.
– Manual dexterity and visual acuity to accurately prepare pharmaceuticals is required.
– Familiarity with word processing and pharmacy computer software.
– Excellent communication, interpersonal and time management skills desired.
– Excellent organizational, problem-solving and decision-making ability desired.
– Displays tact, courtesy, discretion and respects confidentiality.
– Must be accurate, reliable, precise, cooperative, able to demonstrate effective service attitude, self-motivated.
– Must be able to work both independently and cooperatively in a team environment.
– Must have an excellent attendance record, reliability and personal suitability must be demonstrated through your employment references.
Smoking restrictions are in effect.
Employment Type: Part Time
Location: Barrhead, AB, CA
Posted on: 2014-09-13