OverviewPharmacare Mobile Clinic Team (Red Deer) Clincial Pharmacist- Mobile Clinic Team (Red Deer) Full Time in Red Deer, AB
Pharmacare Mobile Clinic Team (Red Deer)
Branch Red Deer AB CA
Clincial Pharmacist- Mobile Clinic Team (Red Deer)
Red Deer, AB
Strong understanding of best practice guidelines and principles of pharmaceutical care. A little over five years ago we started Centric Health with the belief…
A little over five years ago we started Centric Health with the belief that we could positively change the way healthcare is delivered to Canadians, and today we are Canada’s largest integrated healthcare provider and growing. Pharmacare is a division of Centric Health providing pharmacy services throughout Alberta with a specialized focus in Continuing Care.
WORK WITH US
At Pharmacare Pharmacy our focus is on the quality and safety of medications for our clients. This focus has gained us the reputation of being a leader in pharmacy throughout Alberta. To uphold this reputation we pride ourselves o n being a team of passionate individuals that believe in building strong relationships with our clients and maintaining quality assurance by using industry leading technology. We offer continuing education opportunities and an atmosphere that inspires our employees to excel at assisting and caring for our clients.
The Mobile Clinical Consultant Pharmacist would be responsible for providing pharmaceutical care and maintaining continuity of care for clientele through collaboration with Physicians, Nurses, other H ealthcare P rofessionals and the Pharmacare dispensary team . The Pharmacist is expected to travel to different partner sites – such as medical clinics, group homes, Supportive Living and Long Term Care sites. At a minimum, the Pharmacist is expected to provide medication review services, prescription adaptations, renewals, participation in interdisciplinary site initiatives and support at the dispensary as needed. The Pharmacist is required to provide 24 hour emergency on call support in a rotation with other Clinical Pharmacists.
- Ability to apply clinical knowledge, make sound decisions and communicate clearly with minimum supervision .
- Ability to apply and tailor clinical knowledge to relevant patient populations .
- Followthe polic ies and processes of Pharmacare , all applicable regulatory frameworks and releva nt partner site policies and processes.
- Act in the best interest of the client to generate client outcomes through collaboration with health care profe s sionals .
- Ability to develop and maintain professional working relationships with physicians and other healthcare professionals .
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with clients and family members.
- Ability to be self-directed, to organize and prioritize workload and to complete tasks with accuracy, precision and dependability .
- To complete all administrative and documentation requirements of clinical services .
- Maintain confidentiality and protect sensitive data at all times .
- Adhere to organization and department specific safety standards and guidelines .
- Work collaboratively with all colleagues and support the efforts of team members .
- Understanding of Pharmacare operations and ability to practice in the dispensary setting.
Other duties as assigned, as per necessary business needs.
- Licensed Pharmacist in Alberta
- Strong preference for pharmacist with Additional Prescribing Authority
- Strong preference for pharmacist with Authorization to Administer Drugs by Injection
- Evidence of advancing one’s own practice; additional certifications are an asset
- Strong understanding of best practice guidelines and principles of pharmaceutical care
- Able to provide evidence of advancing processes for clinical assessment and documentation
- Experience in Continuing Care and/or multidisciplinary settings is an asset
- Excellent computer knowledge
We thank all interested applicants, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Your Career. Our Focus!
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Red Deer, AB, CA
Posted on: 2016-11-01