OverviewPethealth Inc. Accountant – 6 month contract Temporary in Oakville, ON
Branch Oakville ON CA
Accountant – 6 month contract
Process invoices and expense reports for the UK division. Resolve accounting discrepancies and irregularities in reports prepared….
Pethealth offers an employee-focused environment where teamwork, innovation, and an appreciation for our shared vision are key to our company’s success. We offer the opportunity to work in a high -growth industry with like-minded individuals that value integrity, flexibility and open communication. Our CEO conducts quarterly town halls in addition to other events and forums that promote two-way communication. We also do yearly employee satisfaction surveys where our employees consistently say our people and our purpose are our best assets – your voice is heard at Pethealth. Above all, we believe in having fun – at work!
Pethealth Inc. – a Fairfax company – is a leading provider of services to shelters, pet owners, veterinarians and those seeking to become pet owners in the United States, Canada, and the United Kingdom. We’re here to aid pet owners in keeping their pets healthy and making sure they can always find their way home.
About the role:
This position is a contract opportunity ending May 2017
As a member of our Accounting team, the Accountant will have the opportunity to provide a broad range of accounting support and analyses in a fast-paced organization. Thee Accountant will also participate in Lean six Sigma process improvement in the Finance department and get exposure to various operational segments in various jurisdictions.
Core responsibilities of the role include:
- Prepare Prepaid, Fixed Assets, and Accrual month end journal entries
- Assist in preparation of monthly bank reconciliations.
- Prepare various month end reports in compliance with accepted policies and procedures
- Make certain all financial reporting deadlines are met
- Process invoices and expense reports for the UK division
- Deal with billing, claims, and general enquiries for UK division
- Resolve accounting discrepancies and irregularities in reports prepared.
- Analyze current accounting practices and processes. Make recommendations and implement efficiencies within the team and the business;
- Document policies, procedures and workflow for assigned areas of responsibility and for other businesses within the Company;
- Prepare financial components for various business operations review;
- Assist with external and regulatory reviews, audits and examinations when needed and complete requested materials;
- Various ad hoc financial and operational analyses and contribute to department and organization special projects as assigned.
About you: You are incredibly pro-active, and like to be one step ahead of the game. You have an ability to multitask effectively and you are driven by deadlines. Quarter-end and year-end? Not a problem! You are an valuable team member, and you’re flexible to meet the demands of the business.
Why join Pethealth? Beside the opportunity help animals and to work in a high-energy office with some amazing team members, you will also have:
- A fun and casual work environment – your jeans are welcome!
- Active social committee and events…we have fun at work!
Your qualifications, simply stated:
- Must have a passion for pets and people!
- Successful completion of a college diploma or university degree program with a focus on accounting
- Three years of progressive accounting experience, including full-cycle accounting responsibility
- Strong skills in Excel, Word and Windows-based accounting systems. Knowledge of Hyperion and Microsoft Dynamics are preferred.
- Experience with multiple company statement consolidation and IFRS is a strong asset
- Knowledge of major accounting software packages for both general ledger and financial reporting considered an asset.
If you are interested in being considered for this role, please submit your resume in confidence. We look forward to learning more about you!
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Oakville, ON, CA
Posted on: 2016-10-31