OverviewPeterborough Regional Health Centre Labour Relations Assistant Temporary in Peterborough, ON
Peterborough Regional Health Centre
Branch Peterborough ON CA
Labour Relations Assistant
Other related Human Resource experience. The LR Assistant is an integral member of the Human Resources Department….
The LR Assistant is an integral member of the Human Resources Department. The LR Assistant determines the schedule for all units with complex schedules (24/7 requiring replacement) based on the appropriate collective agreement language and with the staffing levels and skill sets as determined by the manager, determines eligibility and adjudicates sick leave and other leaves, places individuals on the Attendance Support Program and maintains confidential records.
- Undergraduate degree in HR, Business or related field, or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Understanding of Collective Agreements and scheduling rules in a hospital environment.
- Employee Benefits experience.
- Labour Relations experience.
- Other related Human Resource experience.
- Previous experience in Staffing/Scheduling.
- Experience with a computerized scheduling program. ESP preferred
- Excellent computer skills
- Proven communication and problem solving skills.
- Ability to negotiate.
- Ability to deal with conflict.
- Good interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Strong customer service skills, telephone etiquette, and displays PRHC core values.
- Choose to work as a team member.
- Ability to prioritize duties and meet goals.
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
- Demonstrated attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and use good judgement.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple demands at a time.
- Must have demonstrated above average attendance at work.
Peterborough Regional Health Centre is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). Should any applicant require accommodation through the recruitment and selection process, please inform Human Resources in your applicant form.
While the Health Centre appreciates your expression of interest in this position(s), only those applicants selected for an interview will be notified.
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Peterborough, ON, CA
Posted on: 2017-02-11