OverviewPersonal Support Worker – ADP/Overnight Respite in Hamilton, ON
Branch Hamilton ON CA
Personal Support Worker – ADP/Overnight Respite
for client activity. Assists clients with eating, mobility, toileting, dressing, grooming, medications, incontinence care and other personal care needs…
The Personal Support Worker provides personal support and homemaking services to individuals and families in the Adult Day Centre and Overnight Respite program. They are able to follow the framework of VON policies, procedures, standards and quality and risk management. They will collaborate with members of the health care team in meeting the needs of individuals impacted by dementia and developmental disabilities to attain an optimal level of independence and well being.
Responsibilities include providing support and assistance to individuals and groups of persons with dementia and/or with physical disabilities.
The successful candidate:
- Contributes to a positive atmosphere of warmth, caring and personal interest for each client.
- Engages clients in a program of meaningful activities provided individually or in a group.
- Participates in preparing, serving and clean up of all meals and snacks according to program polices and procedures.
- Maintains the sanitation and organization of program equipment, supplies and laundry.
- Ensures a safe outdoor and indoor physical environment for client activity.
- Assists clients with eating, mobility, toileting, dressing, grooming, medications, incontinence care and other personal care needs according to the individual service plan.
- Has the ability to work as a team member within overnight service.
- Communicates with clarity and caring.
- Observes changes in the client condition and relays these to the supervisor/ Nurse.
- Completes client caseloads.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Supervisor or Manager.
- Personal Support Worker Certificate/Diploma; completed PSW registry.
- Experience leading group activities
- Current Standard First Aid Certificate
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Excellent oral and written communication, interpersonal and organization skills
- Aptitude to provide medication assistance to clients is a must
- Current Criminal Background Check will be requested
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Attention to detail; Lift and carry using appropriate lifting techniques; Bend, push, pull, grip, reach, kneel, crouch using good body mechanics; Walk, sit, stand, climb stairs; Hand movements
Other Relevant Information
- Fluency in English is required. Bilingualism English/French or English/another language is an asset. Experience with leading group recreational activities also considered an asset.
- Ability to work every other weekend and a minimum of three shifts per week one of which must be on a Friday or a Monday.
Employment Type: Part Time
Location: Hamilton, ON, CA
Posted on: 2014-09-10