OverviewPersonal Insurance Broker II in Langley, BC
Branch Langley BC CA
Personal Insurance Broker II
insurance products and in the processing of insurance… ICBC insurance coverage and/or private vehicle insurance to clients by discussing vehicle insurance needs…
Lead, grow, and innovate with one of Canada’s top credit unions.
Work alongside a talented team that is committed to continuous improvement and succeeding together to make a real difference in the financial lives of our members.
Further your career by becoming part of our future
We are currently seeking a Personal Insurance Broker II to work out of our Willoughby Insurance Branch located in Langley, BC.
- Provide support to clients in the promotion of personal lines insurance products and in the processing of insurance transactions by interviewing clients to identify insurance needs, gathering information on risk, providing specialist expertise on more complex risks at the request of insurance staff, setting up computerized client files, submitting applications to insurance companies for quotation or underwriting and where appropriate, quoting on and closing business on package policies; prepare binder for forwarding.
- Review monthly outstanding renewals list and contacts clients to identify renewal options and changes in coverage, evaluate conditions for renewal and resolves problems with more complex risks; reviews and investigates requests from clients for midterm changes; process all documentation needed to renew or revise policies; remarket client coverage in the event of premium increases or coverage changes by reviewing products offered by other underwriters, discussing client needs, completing documentation and submitting applications; cancel policies; process refunds.
- Arrange for financing, calculates monthly premiums, arranges for direct debit where requested and completes finance contract for all types of vehicle and personal lines products where financing is an option.
- Provide ICBC insurance coverage and/or private vehicle insurance to clients by discussing vehicle insurance needs and options, assisting clients to select appropriate coverage, providing coverage for special client needs, generating and signing Autoplan policies, processing transfers and cancellation of previous coverage, collecting premiums and processing premium refunds; answers enquiries concerning basic and more complex vehicle insurance and provide telephone quotations.
- Respond to client-initiated reports concerning loss or damage by referring claims to the centralized claims area and/or compiling information on circumstances surrounding the event; follows up on status of claims on client request by contacting centralized claims or through direct contact with the adjustor in accordance with the situation; identify and refer issues requiring the attention of the Area Manager.
- Assist the Insurance Services Manager in the collection of overdue premiums by initiating contact with clients and facilitating the collections process.
- Actively solicits referrals to commercial lines representatives, wealth management specialists and credit union sales staff; cross sells all agency and credit union products to insurance clients.
- Maintain active insurance license by meeting all annual licensing requirements.
- In the absence of the Manager and as delegated, assume supervisory responsibilities for office staff.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Autoplan Essentials
- License: Level 1 General Insurance Salesperson License
- Minimum two years experience and successfully passed CAIB 2 examination or equivalent.
ATTRIBUTES & SKILLS
- Foundational knowledge of products and services, TAM, Powerhouse, Internet and Web based applications, and word processing.
- Proficient in ICBC software and policies and procedures
- Take responsibility for self-development and continuous learning to achieve required knowledge for the job.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Langley, BC, CA
Posted on: 2014-09-11