OverviewPerformance Specialist in Montréal, QC
Branch Montréal QC CA
manufacturing and service facilities in 50 countries. Rolls-Royce is a Military Friendly Employer. Rolls-Royce is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and…
Rolls-Royce, a world-leading provider of power systems and services for use on land, at sea and in the air, operates in four global markets – civil aerospace, defense aerospace, marine and energy. We continue to invest in core technologies, products, people and capabilities with the objective of broadening and strengthening the product portfolio, improving efficiency and enhancing the environmental performance of its products.
A vacancy has arisen in the Gas Turbine division of Rolls‑
Royce’s Energy sector for a Performance specialist.
This whole engine activity requires integration with and requirements flow to the wider design organisation and to external customers. Active participation in global community of practice and defining and implementing local method or process improvements is expected. Depending on experience levels the Performance specialist may lead integrated project teams.
- Working in project teams the main accountability of the role is the definition of the thermodynamic output of the engine (power, heat rate, exhaust conditions).
- Ensuring acceptable operability throughout all operating or transient manoeuvres, to define the cycle parameters (flow, pressure, temperature etc) for component and sub-system design.
- Defining engine test and instrumentation requirements, to analyse engine test data, to ensure alignment of cycle models and to certify test facilities as fit for performance testing.
- Additional tasks may be undertaken in either preliminary design or in-service analysis.
Rolls-Royce has a broad customer base comprising 600 airlines, 4,000 corporate and utility aircraft and helicopter operators, 160 armed forces, more than 2,000 marine customers including 70 navies, and energy customers in 120 countries. Rolls-Royce is a technology leader, employing 38,000 people in offices, manufacturing and service facilities in 50 countries. Rolls-Royce is a Military Friendly Employer. Rolls-Royce is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and a barrier-free employment process.
Please note: On the 6th of May 2014 Rolls-Royce announced an agreement to sell its Energy gas turbine and compressor systems business to Siemens. The sale is expected to complete before the end of 2014 subject to certain conditions, including regulatory approvals such as competition clearance. The role being advertised here is included within the part of the business which is being sold to Siemens. The role will, therefore, become part of the Siemens Group upon completion of the prospective sale.
Qualifications and experience
- Bachelors in Engineering or Science
- Bilingual in French and English
- Masters in Engineering specialising in Thermodynamics or 2 years of experience in a gas turbine engineering environment
- Appreciation of robust design methodologies
- Ability to understand gas turbine system behaviour
- Ability to code in Fortran, C++,VB.net (or similar)
- Thermodynamic and fluid dynamic calculation understanding and ability
- Knowledge of gas turbines and appreciation of cycle performance
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Montréal, QC, CA
Posted on: 2014-09-13